Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    KFC - I was hungry, I like chicken, he paid.
    Good enough reasons right there i guess:p:

ReputationRep:
    My first date was getting to go backstage at his gig for about 20 minutes (with my mum, sister and sister's best friend for company) lol. It wasn't a date as such, but was the closest thing to it! We did manage some alone time together eventually and we had a lovely goodnight kiss.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was my one and only totally sober first date - with the guy I've now been with for 2 months. We went bowling and played fooseball and air hocket lol. Was a great laugh and it meant there were never any awkward silences or anything cos we werent just sitting chatting or staring at each other over a table whilst eating.

ReputationRep:
    For a walk by the river. It was meant to be to the cinema but he invited himself along on my walk over MSN and the rest, as they say, is history...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Good enough reasons right there i guess:p:

Well it's better than going somewhere posh for dinner, because that's expensive and awkward and less relaxed.
    Better than going to the cinema because it's anitisocial.
    Pub can end badly if she cant handle her drink/is underage.
    Just do what you (or her) like doing.
    I for one, like eating chicken:p:

ReputationRep:
    We went to an art gallery and then went for something to eat. Plenty of time to chat and get to know each other and you can talk about the art if you get nervous or stuck :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well it's better than going somewhere posh for dinner, because that's expensive and awkward and less relaxed.
    Better than going to the cinema because it's anitisocial.
    Pub can end badly if she cant handle her drink/is underage.
    Just do what you (or her) like doing.
    I for one, like eating chicken:p:
    I like chicken too

But I think the cinema isnt a bad idea for a first date because during the movie you'd be concentrating on the film together - then after the awkwardness is gone because youve just spend an hour and a half sitting next to each other watching a movie...and also you are able to talk about the movie 2...so i would respectfully disagree and say the cinema IS a good place to go out on a first date:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh but then you have the issue of what film to watch. Depending on the girl, you might have compeltely different tastes and one fo you will be bored for 2 hours watching soemthing you didnt want to see.
    Chicken on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh but then you have the issue of what film to watch. Depending on the girl, you might have compeltely different tastes and one fo you will be bored for 2 hours watching soemthing you didnt want to see.
    Chicken on the other hand...
    Ok we'll agree to disagree :p:

But hey our love for chicken cant get in the way of this miscommunication surely now?

ReputationRep:
    Fiiiine, take your dates to the cinema.
    They'll spend the whole time thinking "damn, I wish i was eating chicken."
    Or make you watch Twilight.

ReputationRep:
    I had been talking to a friend of a friend online for quite a few weeks, but we hadn't got the time to meet yet cos of uni/work. One night neither of us could sleep, and we were still talking at about midnight. I asked if he wanted to go for a drive, so we could finally meet and hang out together actually in person seeing as we were both awake as anything, and I had started to like him.
    So...at 1am we met in sainsburys car park to pick him up, and we drove around for hours, talking non stop and getting lost while driving to random places =] got to about 8.30am when I dropped him home again and we kissed. Most random, but amazing evening =]

ReputationRep:
    Fiiiine, take your dates to the cinema.
    They'll spend the whole time thinking "damn, I wish i was eating chicken."
    Or make you watch Twilight.
    I will :p:

dont worry, dont worry we'll get chicken straight afterwards..gawd

Lol Hell to the No i'm not watching twilight - i have my charm i'll persuade them to see something more manly..grrrr:o:

ReputationRep:
    If you're after ideas, suggest sex. Always suggest sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I will :p:

dont worry, dont worry we'll get chicken straight afterwards..gawd

Lol Hell to the No i'm not watching twilight - i have my charm i'll persuade them to see something more manly..grrrr:o:

But is Silence of the lambs reallyyy first date material?
    Thought tbh if a guy took me to see that I woudl be very impressed.

ReputationRep:
    But is Silence of the lambs reallyyy first date material?
    Thought tbh if a guy took me to see that I woudl be very impressed.
    Who said anything about "Silence of the lambs" - me meant something along the lines of Toystroy/Shrek/Madagascar - get in touch with inner child

That way she would be like awwww:o:

Then i'd be like I can't help how awsome i am.:eek: :cool:

Impressive huh?

ReputationRep:
    NOT MADAGASCAR
    She'll never talk to you again, if she does, she has horrible taste in films :p:

Seeing as the discussion has moved to date films- what is a good genre of film to which you should take a girl? Romance, comedy, sci-fi, horror, action, animation?

ReputationRep:
    NOT MADAGASCAR
    She'll never talk to you again, if she does, she has horrible taste in films :p:
    You didnt like Madagascar :eek:

How could you resist those penguins and that lemur with the indian accent??

I didnt think you were this picky, you were satisfied with only chicken :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Seeing as the discussion has moved to date films- what is a good genre of film to which you should take a girl? Romance, comedy, sci-fi, horror, action, animation?
    I think me and the person above would disagree, but i say animation

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on how well you know the girl.

For example, this girl I've been speaking to, things have been building up for a long time and we were good friends prior to the whole "I think I quite fancy you" thing. If it's a total first date, i.e. never even really spoke before, do something fun! I know it's cheesy, but bowlings always a winner! Just choose something that doesn't allow conversation to hit awkward moments!

Awkwards moments are exactly the reason I wouldn't suggest dinner for a FIRST date (maybe 2nd or 3rd if you hit things off?)

Hope I helped!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.