Turn on thread page Beta

Your Best First Date? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Really would depend on the girl, best bet i guess is to let her pick, and if she cant decide then go with whatever you want.
    I personally woudl go with a Silence of the Lambs kinda thing, whereas SOME PEOPLE would pick rubbish like madagascar :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Really would depend on the girl, best bet i guess is to let her pick, and if she cant decide then go with whatever you want.
    I personally woudl go with a Silence of the Lambs kinda thing, whereas SOME PEOPLE would pick rubbish like madagascar :p:
    That one burned :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    I'll tell u when i have my first date :p: i've wanted to take somone to the winter wonderland ice skating thingy in hyde park for two years now but no one's wanted to come with me suppose that might have been quite nice always next year
    No one wanted to go with you? I would sell my soul to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can you explain please? Seriously- I am a 21 year old dateless wonder (never gone on a date) and if I were to ever ask a girl out, my first thought would be to take her to the cinema.
    In the cinema you:

+ can't talk
    + can't get to know each other
    + often end up awkwardly 'interacting' (holding hands, putting arms around each other)

If you like her, I assume you want to talk to her. Cinema is baaaad for this.

My best date? I don't really do dates. One of my best friends (now boyfriend) came over for a gaming night and to watch some animé . . . that was nearly two years ago now and we've been excruciatingly happy ever since. That was a pretty good first date. The sex was epic as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circe)
    No one wanted to go with you? I would sell my soul to do that.
    Maybe it was just the thought of going out with me that put them off :p: lol - even though hyde park has a little cafe thing where u can drink hot chocolate and watch everyone fall over on the ice rink

ReputationRep:
    We sat for an hour drinking coffee :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senio...large/date.jpg
    It looked a bit like the one in the middle in the picture; it was absolutely gorgeous :sogood:
    Teehee!

ReputationRep:
    I've had two sort-of first 'dates'. Can't really class them as such, but - ice skating, cause we got to hold hands :p: and cinema, but that hardly counts cause we went with his mates :rofl: was hilarious though, I love his mates, we were making jokes the whole film (was quantum of solace anyway...) about us having to keep up with them ('them' both being guys :rofl:)

Good times :yep:

Edit: My current boyfriend (that I went to see quantum of solace with :p:), the first time we met up after we got together was at his house, the heating was broken so we had to cuddle, and we watched Van Helsing

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get tickets to radio one's big weekend and took her that that for our first date. Worked really well. Could go to see the music and wander round which gave stuff to talk about and wasn't the pressure of constantly having to make conversation. There were also the stalls and the circus bit which meant we could have a laugh, have fun, loosen up, start some banter. So yeah that was my best first date obviously not one that you can really do a lot. Was just lucky

ReputationRep:
    First dates are always awful for me :rofl:

But once, I had a date with a guy who was keen on horses, his parents owned a stud farm and he took me there, and then we were riding horses and it was so romantic. Besides I love horses :daydreaming: I know, it seems trashy xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    My first date was getting to go backstage at his gig for about 20 minutes (with my mum, sister and sister's best friend for company) lol. It wasn't a date as such, but was the closest thing to it! We did manage some alone time together eventually and we had a lovely goodnight kiss.

Groupie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    Maybe it was just the thought of going out with me that put them off :p: lol - even though hyde park has a little cafe thing where u can drink hot chocolate and watch everyone fall over on the ice rink
    Haha I'm sure that wasn't the case. I would definitely go with you just because you suggested something that awesome. But I'd fall over. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circe)
    Haha I'm sure that wasn't the case. I would definitely go with you just because you suggested something that awesome. But I'd fall over. A lot.
    So would i that's part of the fun :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.