Turn on thread page Beta

Ear Tunnels.. I want to get one done... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    As the above title suggests I want to get an ear tunnel done but I dont know how to go about it. I'm a newbie to all this ear tunnel stuff. :o:

I don't know all the measurement stuff but I don't want it to be too big just so that you can see through it.

I already have my ears pierced so whats the next step?

Sorry for my really vague post too :o:

ReputationRep:
    You don't really 'get them done' as such, it's a very slow process. The simplest way would be to use tapers, like so; http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...=4563&index=14. Assuming you have a standard ear piercing at the minute, you would want to start out by using a 1.2mm (16g) taper to increase the size to.. well, 1.2mm. You then pop your chosen 1.2mm jewellery in, and there we go. Obviously you're not going to want to stop at 1.2mm though, but it's so very important to let it heal before you bother stretching up to the next size. The recommended healing time is 8 weeks, but to be fair everybody will heal at a different rate, and I'm personally finding my ears to be okay after around a month to stretch up again. The next size up after 1.2mm would be 1.6mm (14g). Again, the same process, and this will continue until you reach your desired gauge.

Scroll down on THIS page a little, and there's a gauge/mm chart - these being the size increments you should work up in to help to avoid stretching related disasters (eg, blowouts). As a point of reference, 2mm/6g is generally considered the 'point of no return', any further than which the piercing is unlikely to shrink back to it's original size.

As for the stretching process itself, it is fairly simple and painless providing you're using the right sized tapers and jewellery. The taper should just slide through with the aid of a lubricant of some sorts (I use vitamin E oil), and it shouldn't really be painful or difficult to push through. It's not advisable to leave the taper in as jewellery while the stretch heals, and it's better to avoid certain materials like acrylic for jewellery in a healing stretch, but then, plenty of people seem to have no problem with it. So it's up to you.

If you're still not sure it would probably be a good idea to pop in to a piercing salon, and speak to a piecer there - they will probably be able to give you more advice and will probably have the necessary tapers and jewellery there for you to buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleConverse)
    Hi Guys,
    As the above title suggests I want to get an ear tunnel done but I dont know how to go about it. I'm a newbie to all this ear tunnel stuff. :o:

I don't know all the measurement stuff but I don't want it to be too big just so that you can see through it.

Just so you know ear tunnels look disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Just so you know ear tunnels look disgusting.
    That's in YOUR opinion. I find them kind of sexy Not too big though. That's gross. (In MY opinion lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    You don't really 'get them done' as such, it's a very slow process. The simplest way would be to use tapers, like so; http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...=4563&index=14. Assuming you have a standard ear piercing at the minute, you would want to start out by using a 1.2mm (16g) taper to increase the size to.. well, 1.2mm. You then pop your chosen 1.2mm jewellery in, and there we go. Obviously you're not going to want to stop at 1.2mm though, but it's so very important to let it heal before you bother stretching up to the next size. The recommended healing time is 8 weeks, but to be fair everybody will heal at a different rate, and I'm personally finding my ears to be okay after around a month to stretch up again. The next size up after 1.2mm would be 1.6mm (14g). Again, the same process, and this will continue until you reach your desired gauge.

Scroll down on THIS page a little, and there's a gauge/mm chart - these being the size increments you should work up in to help to avoid stretching related disasters (eg, blowouts). As a point of reference, 2mm/6g is generally considered the 'point of no return', any further than which the piercing is unlikely to shrink back to it's original size.

As for the stretching process itself, it is fairly simple and painless providing you're using the right sized tapers and jewellery. The taper should just slide through with the aid of a lubricant of some sorts (I use vitamin E oil), and it shouldn't really be painful or difficult to push through. It's not advisable to leave the taper in as jewellery while the stretch heals, and it's better to avoid certain materials like acrylic for jewellery in a healing stretch, but then, plenty of people seem to have no problem with it. So it's up to you.

If you're still not sure it would probably be a good idea to pop in to a piercing salon, and speak to a piecer there - they will probably be able to give you more advice and will probably have the necessary tapers and jewellery there for you to buy.
    Yeah sorry I read the thread title again and I realised how stupid it sounded lol :o:

Okies I'll have a look, thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    your better off not doing it,
    i know MILLIONS of people that have them done,
    be diffrent from everybody else and dont get them (:
    you will get more well known for being the odd one out rather then just following the trends.

ReputationRep:
    And you can buy fake ones that will give you a rough idea as to what you will look like with the real thing. Just a wee tip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellebrace)
    you will get more well known for being the odd one out rather then just following the trends.
    Who said I was following any trend?? :rolleyes:
    I'm individual, I wanted to do this for a while but just have not had the time to fully look into it and go about doing it.

ReputationRep:
    is that the plan with your grammar, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twenty3Eight)
    That's in YOUR opinion. I find them kind of sexy Not too big though. That's gross. (In MY opinion lol)
    Yeah but your opinion is wrong

ReputationRep:
    I had two ear tunnels once, but i didnt get mine that big.. i think i was at 5mm?
    it REALLY hurts stretching them out, be careful you dont go too big otherwise if you ever do want to take them out, youll have a saggy hole in your ear.
    I liked mine, and people are always going to hate them. Get a small taper and start from there.. you can always take it out if you dont like it

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyInTheSkyWithDiamonds)
    I had two ear tunnels once, but i didnt get mine that big.. i think i was at 5mm?
    it REALLY hurts stretching them out, be careful you dont go too big otherwise if you ever do want to take them out, youll have a saggy hole in your ear.
    I liked mine, and people are always going to hate them. Get a small taper and start from there.. you can always take it out if you dont like it

xxxx

It's not supposed to hurt:rolleyes:

OP, there is a lot of info about stretching (the correct term!) on the body mod society thread. You have to go very slow, in increments no bigger than 1mm (and sometimes less!) waiting at least a month between stretches. It should not hurt or bleed.

If you want to know more, just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyInTheSkyWithDiamonds)

xxxx
    It shouldn't really hurt much :erm: Were you stretching up too quickly or using the wrong sized tapers?

ReputationRep:
    ?? I've hardly seen anyone with them. So they are popular round where you live?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Ewww don't do it !! You don't want to go around with holes in your ears it looks disgusting

How will you feel in a few years time if you want to get married and can't wear a nice pair of earings with your wedding dress cos you have big holes there instead ! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ALSO some links you might find useful:

How to stretch: http://stretch.loredous.net/

What not to do: http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow

ReputationRep:
    Who said I was following any trend?? :rolleyes:
    I'm individual, I wanted to do this for a while but just have not had the time to fully look into it and go about doing it.
    oh cool (Y) i just thought maybe you was like one of those brootle hXc scene kids, and you grow out of it fast, i would know lol so just trying to make sure you wasnt regreting anything.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, they look awful. My cousin had one done and we used to amuse ourselves at family parties throwing peas and other small bits of food through it. He regretted getting it done and is now stuck with a stupid hole in his ear. Seriously, they are ugly, your ear just looks deformed. But hey, thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce92)
    Ewww don't do it !! You don't want to go around with holes in your ears it looks disgusting

How will you feel in a few years time if you want to get married and can't wear a nice pair of earings with your wedding dress cos you have big holes there instead ! :yes:

Actually, you CAN get gorgeous plugs for stretched ears, it's just that a majority of the douches that stretch today wear crappy acrylic in them all the time.

Examples: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...=5283&index=15

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=4497

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=2732

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=2419

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    ?? I've hardly seen anyone with them. So they are popular round where you live?
    they are popular with like aternative/scene/hardcore kids. & i <b>use</b> to hang around with them so like EVERYBODY had them done. seriously you believe the amount of people that copy in them crowds, its so unindividual and yet they all say they arnt like anybody else but will ask you where you buy your hair dye, clothes, jewlerry, shoes, make up. & the amount of people in the crowd that copied my boyfriends tattoos (spiderwbs are SO popular tho so he should have known)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.