Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How should a girl make the first move?And is it the best idea for a girl to be doing that and not be seen as desperate?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not a fan of girls who seem desperate.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised, some guys like it when a girl makes the first move. Nowadays, it doesn't matter who makes the first move really, if you like them, just show/tell them your interested About half of my previous boyfriends were a result of me making the first move :p:

I wish more girls made first moves since I know I sure as hell don't have the guts to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever come across as desperate.

I'd prefer to make the first move, really, because I like to be in charge. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i prefer girls top make the first move

ReputationRep:
    Some guys can be just as shy as girls, if you want something- go get it I say.
    But there is a fine line between "going for it" and being stalkerish and desprate. I would be too shy to do it personally, but that's me. However it could speed things up for you!
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Never happens.

ReputationRep:
    Um, just, make the first move? I dunno, I've done it a few times. Just seems to happen naturally, though.

ReputationRep:
    suggest going a for cofee or something?

ReputationRep:
    If a girl made the first move with me, id be in shock but real respect, and it would make me like her a hellll of a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    I have; not that it went very well though >.<

ReputationRep:
    guys who like girls to make first move are pussies

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't need to show their interest directly. Simple signs such as smiling or looking to the guy in a special way, are enough for a guy to get the message. And if he's interested, he will then make the first step:cool: .

I prefere it this way. As a guy I like the challenge of making some effort to get a girl and not having her easily, because if a girl approaches me directly, I may think that she has done the same with many guys before..

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    Girls don't need to show their interest directly. Simple signs such as smiling or looking to the guy in a special way, are enough for a guy to get the message. And if he's interested, he will then make the first step:cool: .

I prefere it this way. As a guy I like the challenge of making some effort to get a girl and not having her easily, because if a girl approaches me directly, I may think that she has done the same with many guys before..

good luck
    haha i do this, mainly because i'm too cowardly to make the first move.

ReputationRep:
    I personally won't dare to do it, but it seems like guys around me are waiting for girls to make the first move. I feel that if a girl makes the first move, the guy won't feel that she's as precious as she should be coz he didn't need to put in much effort to get her...

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't see how a girl making a first move is any more desperate than a guy making the first move! Why should it always have to be the guy having to risk rejection? I'm a girl and I've made the first move several times, it's basically just happens the same as a guy would do it. It can feel quite good going out and getting what you want rather than waiting around for him to get his act together! It depends what kind of 'move' you're referring to though as to specific advice... do you mean asking him on a date, telling him you like him, or actually kissing him?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.