The Student Room Group

Do you think i should get a breast reduction?

i need some help.
i've always had a problem with the size of my boobs.
I think i'm just an early developer.
I think it's coz i used to be really chubby when i was like from the ages of 12-15.
since then though, i've lost tonnes of weight & now almost a size 4-6. (don't worry, i'm not a size-zero fanatic or anything, i'm 4ft 11inches tall so i guess i SHOULD be skinny & i eat like a pig now..lol).

anyway, back to my problem, although i had lost over 3 stones in weight, my boobs didn't go smaller.
i'm now 17, with a 32E bust & i feel my body is just not in porportion & to top that off i'm really small. So nothing goes.

should i get a breast reduction?what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you shouldn't. After all, a lot of guys do like big boobs, so you could use that to your advantage :awesome:. I don't know what you look like but if you're all natural then I'm sure you're fine. There are a lot of women who would kill to have your boobs, so maybe think about that and try to learn to be happy with your body? If you really don't like them then I guess there's what Mazty said.
A breast reduction is pretty major surgery. Only consider it if your boobs are causing you major problems with your life (e.g. they give you bad back pain, get in the way of everyday activities etc.) I know they might seem too big for the rest of you, but if it's just about appearance then surgery seems extreme. I'm a 32FF and I don't really find them that massive, although I am a lot taller than you and a little wider so I suppose they just don't seem too out of proportion for me! I feel your pain though, having big boobs can be problematic at times.
Reply 3
Nah unless it is hurting your back and neck :smile: :biggrin:
I once knew someone who had quite large breasts, and it caused her all sorts of back pain, so she had a breast reduction, and she was far happier (they got reduced to about a D, goes to show how big they were in the first place!).

Ultimately it's up to you - if they cause you pain, certainly consider it, because it's an option. But if they're just out of proportion and you don't like the look of them, remember that a scar will look worse.
Reply 5
My gf's a size 8 with 32GG and her back can hurt sometimes. I certainly wouldn't consider it whilst you were young, its a pretty major op.
Only if your having bad back problems. But you should wait a while just in case you regret it.
Only if you wanted to get arrested for a crime against humanity.
If its causing you pain and a potential backproblem/slouch then get it removed. Boobs arent the be all end all lol - your health is way more important - a slouch is way less attractive than normal/small boobs.:biggrin:
Reply 9
If anything wait until you are a bit older and your body has fully developed. I had a similar problem when I was in my mid teens, I lost weight, toned up and still my breasts got bigger. In a way they may seem out of proportion but it is probably natural. Don't get a reduction or not get a reduction based on a masculine view of "how lucky you are", I have been there and am there now and the back pain you can get is not pleasant.

As I suggested before, wait until you are a bit older and yopur body/height has fully developed then reconsider the issue. Until then, make sure you are wearing the right size and make sure it supports your bust properly. An old bra or wrong size can put a lot of strain on you unnecessarily.

All the best.
Reply 10
Mitali
i need some help.
i've always had a problem with the size of my boobs.
I think i'm just an early developer.
I think it's coz i used to be really chubby when i was like from the ages of 12-15.
since then though, i've lost tonnes of weight & now almost a size 4-6. (don't worry, i'm not a size-zero fanatic or anything, i'm 4ft 11inches tall so i guess i SHOULD be skinny & i eat like a pig now..lol).

anyway, back to my problem, although i had lost over 3 stones in weight, my boobs didn't go smaller.
i'm now 17, with a 32E bust & i feel my body is just not in porportion & to top that off i'm really small. So nothing goes.

should i get a breast reduction?what do you think?

I'm 16 and I have 30F boobs and I am 5'1 :s-smilie:
I was an early developer like you and got the mick taken out of me almost everyday because of my boobs lol :p:
However, I don't think I'll have them reduced until I'm older if ever because they don't give me back ache or anything which is usually the main reason to have them reduced. I know how it feels to have really big, out of proportion boobs that don't work with clothes though so I don't feel right telling you whether or whether not to have it done. I can only tell you my experience and that, I, personally will not consider a reduction for quite a while :s-smilie:
Good luck in whatever you choose!
Reply 11
Please No.
Your the same size as me, it's not that big. Just lose some more weight.
If you're a size 6, there's no way you're a 32 anything. Go and get yourself measured properly.
Don't spam. Asking for pictures isn't helping the OP in any way.
if this is not effecting your health eg back pain. then do you really want to go through sugery?
the choice is up to you i personally wouldnt go through it if it was not effecting my health but thats me and you are you.

also is asking an internet forum the wisest idea? would you really do what they said?
wait a few years and your body might sort its self out.
my friend was like you, but she started to lose the weight all over so you could be fine, maybe think about bras that flatten , they will reduce them and look less in your face.
id wait till i was about 22 to get surgery.
Reply 17
:hmmm: Don't think my previous reply was Spam, as I was stating an answer. So, once again, No. Just really not worth it.
Reply 18
strawberry
Don't spam. Asking for pictures isn't helping the OP in any way.

id argue the opposite :fyi: being able to see pictures would allow many of us to make a better, more informed decision :fyi:

anyway, op, some people would say its like slapping god in the face, but, id say do what you want :smile:
Fugeh
My gf's a size 8 with 32GG and her back can hurt sometimes. I certainly wouldn't consider it whilst you were young, its a pretty major op.

Because she also probably isn't a 32. If she had a well fitting bra it might help reduce her pain.

Latest

Trending

Trending