Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think i should get a breast reduction? Watch

(Original post by Fugeh)
    My gf's a size 8 with 32GG and her back can hurt sometimes. I certainly wouldn't consider it whilst you were young, its a pretty major op.
    Because she also probably isn't a 32. If she had a well fitting bra it might help reduce her pain.

ReputationRep:
    Unless is causes you back pain or they sag, you should keep them the way they are. Big boobs on a girl with a petite figure are nice

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone for a proper bra fitting and some advice from somewhere like Bravissimo or Rigby and Peller? Buying good-quality, well-fitting, pretty bras can make a lot of difference to the way you look and the way you feel about your figure.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you're older. Drew Barrymore had a reduction then when she was older got implants. So, wait and see how you turn out. I'm almost 20 and I'm still growing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because she also probably isn't a 32. If she had a well fitting bra it might help reduce her pain.
    I'm a size 4 and I'm a 32. 30s dig in and give me red marks even if I wear the loosest. People are different shapes. When a person gains weight it tends to make their stomach, waist, arse and thighs bigger, not their ribcage. Unless they gain a lot of weight.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about what guys like when making your decision. Think about yourself. I know 2 girls who've had breast reductions, and both have no regrets. If you're having real problems, such as bad back, finding clothes, etc, then it's definitely worth thinking about. Perhaps you could talk to your doctor about it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh noes you're skinny with big tits, aren't you unlucky?

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'6', I had a ribcage measurement of 32/34 (depending on the day ) with a HHH cup. That was 72inches of pure agony, when they removed them, there was just shy of 14lbs.. That is the size of not one, but 2 new born babies.

I was about your size at your age. I waited until I was certain I did not want children
    - Breastfeeding can be a problem after for some women.
    - The nipples can turn like a umbilical cord, blacken and fall off.
    - The scaring depends on the person, if you scare easy well chances are they could end up nasty. Some women loose sensitivity in their breast, mine didn't I actually have to be careful of what kind of fabric I have on.
    Depending on the size of your nipples, they can look odd after a reduction. Larger nipples on smaller boobs, takes some getting used to.
    - recovery time was not bad, I was ready to go 2 days after, my bf at that time was worried stitches would get pulled out. He saw them after the surgery and was not grossed out by them, just worried.

- I would personally suggest waiting to have it done, until they top growing, mine stopped at about 24 yrs old.
    - If you are a veggie, and I am, watch out for soya protein, they CAN make them larger. I started to eat more soya, and drank soya protein, and within a month I started feeling "odd" then soon friends started to notice. I stopped drinking the soya drink, and after a month or 2 they went back down. This does not happen with all women (or men!!) but some.

- Watch you shoulders, you can start getting horrible dips in them from the weight pulling on the bra straps.

Oh and depending on your friends, you could have a great going away party for "them", and get some gift cards to shops for after the surgery.

ReputationRep:
    Helllllll no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitali)
    i need some help.
    i've always had a problem with the size of my boobs.
    I think i'm just an early developer.
    I think it's coz i used to be really chubby when i was like from the ages of 12-15.
    since then though, i've lost tonnes of weight & now almost a size 4-6. (don't worry, i'm not a size-zero fanatic or anything, i'm 4ft 11inches tall so i guess i SHOULD be skinny & i eat like a pig now..lol).

anyway, back to my problem, although i had lost over 3 stones in weight, my boobs didn't go smaller.
    i'm now 17, with a 32E bust & i feel my body is just not in porportion & to top that off i'm really small. So nothing goes.

should i get a breast reduction?what do you think?

Why not just donate your breasts to one of the other millions of girls who wants to be bigger and were more unfortunate than you?

Breast reduction.. seriously though? NeVeR...:woo: :eek3: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Oh noes you're skinny with big tits, aren't you unlucky?

Loool :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitali)
    should i get a breast reduction?what do you think
    I think my signature answers this question nicely

x

ReputationRep:
    4ft11, 32E chest

are you god?

ReputationRep:
    pics or GTFO

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about it being difficult, I'm a 32 E but a size 10 so not so extreme, sometimes I feel like clothes look ****, like nice baggy tops...shelf. If it's causing you loads of hassle you could maybe have one done on the NHS but depends on how much annoyance it causes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you're a size 6, there's no way you're a 32 anything. Go and get yourself measured properly.
    why was this post warned?

ReputationRep:
    Im a 38DD and skinny so even bigger so look really top heavy its bloody annoying. I don't get any back ache though as my ribs are large enough to support them I suppose. I think theyre great fun!

ReputationRep:
    PICS PLEaSE

ReputationRep:
    lets see ur tits then i will be the judge of if they are to big i just hope they can handle the motor boat man which is me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.