Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this question has been posted a million times, but I heard that schools get interview feedback around mid-January. I'm curious to know what they thought of my interview... Do they send it to both those who get offers and those who get rejections?

Also, is the feedback usually quite generic or is it detailed and personalized?

Thanks! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do they actually automatically send feedback? Do you not have to request it first...?

ReputationRep:
    Really? How can I go about requesting it?

Would it be stupid to request it if I've got an offer? It's mostly out of curiosity, but I think that their perspective could help with future interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure.. But you'll have to ask your college..I'm sure I've heard someone say you have to do this through a teacher at school but I don't know about that...

I'm not sure about asking after an offer! Part of me was tempted to ask too, just out of curiosity :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got it automatically, but it was completely generic so I wouldn't hold your breath...

ReputationRep:
    They are automatic as far as i know. I called up my college (for med) and they said feedback was coming at the end of the month

ReputationRep:
    Last year I had to request specific feedback, there wasn't any generic stuff in it (apart from talking about my performance in context of a "very competitive field" etc.), twas a letter from the Theology tutor - but my referee had to nag quite a lot to get it! hah.

I'm also quite curious to see what they said about me this year... not sure I really want to know but it'd be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    dunno quite what the point is in asking for it if you have an offer - like, it'll just say something generically good probably. if you want to know for future interviews or whatever, just ask your tutor when you're actually... here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigrrmilk)
    dunno quite what the point is in asking for it if you have an offer - like, it'll just say something generically good probably. if you want to know for future interviews or whatever, just ask your tutor when you're actually... here.
    A few are probably curious as to what aptitude/ admissions test mark they received

ReputationRep:
    isn't that usually given separately? if not then fair enough i guess.

ReputationRep:
    For the test I sat (Oxford TSA), our marks were sent to us in March time and the interview "feedback" came separately but around the same kind of time, if I remember rightly.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.