Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help me. Just help me please. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 14.

The reason for this thread: My French teacher

1) We are barely taught anything in class, she gives us worksheets without explaining what to do, and when we ask for help, she shouts at us, or tells us to take a "walk outside" or "wash our face".

2) She gets sidetracked by random topics (eg) talking about her life, her country, the government, TV, and films.

3) When we are trying to complete worksheets, she interrupts abruptly by saying she "is bored" and we should move on now.

4) She makes rude and hurtful remarks towards many members of the class (eg) " I'm going to make your life a living hell" "I'm going to make you my worst enemy" "Your so stupid" "Your an idiot"

5) She takes out her anger on the students, e.g "I am flippin' fed up right now, Do not talk to me, shut up and get on with your work in total silence."

6) Favors some students more than others.

7) When some people are absent and are unable to receive worksheets, she tells us to pay for it.

8) Two students of the French class has changed subjects due to her, and one person has found it as one of the many reasons for leaving the school.

9) Many students have tried to change French due to the teacher but were refused. (One of them were me)

10) There are four other people in our class who agree with us and wanted to take part in this with us, but were too intimidated by the teacher. (When I mean take part in this, I mean me and 3 other people in that class when to the head of French complaining, we plan to tell the deputy head and the head teacher).

That was basically why I bunked some of my French lessons.

There are 12 people in my French class, and we all really wanted another teacher to teach us, because she is a lot more better than our current one. So 4 people went to complain, and another four is too intimidated to participate in this. The French teacher which we all like is trying to get her way to teaching us. We have already complained, but there has been no change so far. So me and some people are just trying to wait it out until the good French teacher teaches our class.

I have to go and tell my "main" teacher tomorrow (The one that registers me every morning and afternoon) and he'll ask me why I wasn't in, etc. etc.

Should I tell him the truth about why I was bunking? (This is also possibly counted as truanting, so I don't know what will happen to me) Or should I just make up some lie?

Talk to your tutor, seek advice. But knackers to your parents, study what interests you.

ReputationRep:
    Go complain stop being passive and scared, if you want to do well and get good grades you need a good teacher.

Also i would tell your parents and get them to complain or come in, because that is when it gets serious and staff take notice.

Do it NOW

ReputationRep:
    You need to document exactly what she does and when, then you have the evidence to make a proper complaint. Vague 'oh but this one time she said this' sound much less believable, and often colleagues will back up each other, and not listen to pupils.

ReputationRep:
    egg his car every day - one egg for every annoyance - expensive, hilarious, and unlikely to yield any change in your teacher's attitude

ReputationRep:
    I am a very "good" student. I have a good reputation for being well behaved, as well as doing extremely well in exams - Getting A's all the time. - I'm in the top 5 students of my year.

The head of French believes what I am saying and she is going to contact other authorities and so on. And I'll just like to make this point again, that is it more or less over 75% of the class that is rebelling.

Also, my parents are Chinese, and if I tell them that the teacher is being horrible etc, they'll just say stick with it. They won't help out of anything - they'll probably just shout at me.

I've told my brother, because he is a person in my family that I trust about situations like this, but he just said go to her lessons, and stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing that I'm worried about is the fact of what my class tutor would say/do if I told him that I was bunking lessons. Or should I just make up a lie and try to wait this out?

ReputationRep:
    Get a dictaphone and sit there recording so if she gets arsy, you've got proof. I'd complain and keep complaining until something is done.

Don't make up a lie about why you were bunking (how's that gonna help you in any way, think about it) and just say it was because of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Get a dictaphone and sit there recording so if she gets arsy, you've got proof. I'd complain and keep complaining until something is done.

Don't make up a lie about why you were bunking (how's that gonna help you in any way, think about it) and just say it was because of her.
    My class tutor is quite good friends with the French teacher that is being a **** to us. So he'll probably just tell me to talk to her, or have a meeting with her with my parents and stuff. But I don't want that to happen. My parents will side with the teachers. And so will, possibly my tutor.

The only person who is possibly helping me right now is the Head of French (And she is the person who I want to teach my class)

Also, I don't want to record her - even if it's for evidence. 9/12 people in my class is possibly enough proof of her being a complete ****. I don't want to ever be in her lessons again. I'm going to either bunk until something gets done, (If nothing gets done, I'm just going to change subjects). Or, another French teacher can teach me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 121312132213)
    My class tutor is quite good friends with the French teacher that is being a **** to us. So he'll probably just tell me to talk to her, or have a meeting with her with my parents and stuff. But I don't want that to happen. My parents will side with the teachers. And so will, possibly my tutor.

The only person who is possibly helping me right now is the Head of French (And she is the person who I want to teach my class)
    That's true, but it's better to raise the issue than just sit there. Trust me, I had a teacher for Media A Level who was exactly like this. Does the head of French share the same opinion? I'd either continue going to the lessons and keep your head down or say that you physically can't because of her behaviour but you'll do the work and you'll get help from the head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    That's true, but it's better to raise the issue than just sit there. Trust me, I had a teacher for Media A Level who was exactly like this. Does the head of French share the same opinion? I'd either continue going to the lessons and keep your head down or say that you physically can't because of her behaviour but you'll do the work and you'll get help from the head.
    Yes, the Head of French is on the same side as me, (I've always been one of her A* pupils from year 7 to 9, when I went into year 10, I thought that she would still be teaching me, because she promised me that she would. But then I get THAT teacher)

Head of French said that she will try to get it sorted out as soon as possible, wait, I'll tell you what exactly happened.

Me and 4 other people went to her office, we were talking about what has been going on, (with a friend on the look-out for that evil teacher), Then whilst we was talking about the stuff she does, she said that she'll try to contact higher authorities and to sort this out ASAP. But of course, she has spoken to the evil teacher, now I just don't really want to be in her lessons because I know that she really hates me even more now.

So anyway, whilst we were still talking, THAT teacher walked in, we all went silent (The lookout failed), then the H.O.F just said, ok, we'll talk about this later. Then we all literally ran out of the room, and ran as fast as we could away from the 3rd floor (The floor that the office was on).

ReputationRep:
    You're 14. Who cares? If you still have her during GCSEs then complain.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the Head of French is on the same side as me, (I've always been one of her A* pupils from year 7 to 9, when I went into year 10, I thought that she would still be teaching me, because she promised me that she would. But then I get THAT teacher)

Head of French said that she will try to get it sorted out as soon as possible, wait, I'll tell you what exactly happened.

Me and 4 other people went to her office, we were talking about what has been going on, (with a friend on the look-out for that evil teacher), Then whilst we was talking about the stuff she does, she said that she'll try to contact higher authorities and to sort this out ASAP. But of course, she has spoken to the evil teacher, now I just don't really want to be in her lessons because I know that she really hates me even more now.

So anyway, whilst we were still talking, THAT teacher walked in, we all went silent (The lookout failed), then the H.O.F just said, ok, we'll talk about this later. Then we all literally ran out of the room, and ran as fast as we could away from the 3rd floor (The floor that the office was on).
    Quite honestly I'd just act like you don't have a clue what happened, or that you don't care. After all, it's more important about your work. She sounds like one of those people you have to show that they're not getting to you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey about the truanting thing, it would be better not to tell the truth, because THAT could get you into some serious trouble
    Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    You're 14. Who cares? If you still have her during GCSEs then complain.
    I am doing my GCSE's... I'm in year 10, and I'm 14. ???

Also, I am complaining but like I've said, should I lie to my class tutor about bunking? or admit it and face punishment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    You won't get A* if you don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.
    the best comment i read on this forum:cool:

I'm 14.

The reason for this thread: My French teacher

1) We are barely taught anything in class, she gives us worksheets without explaining what to do, and when we ask for help, she shouts at us, or tells us to take a "walk outside" or "wash our face".

2) She gets sidetracked by random topics (eg) talking about her life, her country, the government, TV, and films.

3) When we are trying to complete worksheets, she interrupts abruptly by saying she "is bored" and we should move on now.

4) She makes rude and hurtful remarks towards many members of the class (eg) " I'm going to make your life a living hell" "I'm going to make you my worst enemy" "Your so stupid" "Your an idiot"

5) She takes out her anger on the students, e.g "I am flippin' fed up right now, Do not talk to me, shut up and get on with your work in total silence."

6) Favors some students more than others.

7) When some people are absent and are unable to receive worksheets, she tells us to pay for it.

8) Two students of the French class has changed subjects due to her, and one person has found it as one of the many reasons for leaving the school.

9) Many students have tried to change French due to the teacher but were refused. (One of them were me)

10) There are four other people in our class who agree with us and wanted to take part in this with us, but were too intimidated by the teacher. (When I mean take part in this, I mean me and 3 other people in that class when to the head of French complaining, we plan to tell the deputy head and the head teacher).

That was basically why I bunked some of my French lessons.

There are 12 people in my French class, and we all really wanted another teacher to teach us, because she is a lot more better than our current one. So 4 people went to complain, and another four is too intimidated to participate in this. The French teacher which we all like is trying to get her way to teaching us. We have already complained, but there has been no change so far. So me and some people are just trying to wait it out until the good French teacher teaches our class.

I have to go and tell my "main" teacher tomorrow (The one that registers me every morning and afternoon) and he'll ask me why I wasn't in, etc. etc.

Should I tell him the truth about why I was bunking? (This is also possibly counted as truanting, so I don't know what will happen to me) Or should I just make up some lie?
    Is her name Miss Elliot? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    And I thought this was going to be you were banging you or something. You're 14, chill out. A couple more years and you'll have real problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Is her name Miss Elliot? :woo:
    Nope...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, SO ADMIT THAT I WAS BUNKING = TRUANTING?

OR MAKE UP A LIE ABOUT BUNKING FRENCH AND JUST TRY AND WAIT IT OUT???

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.