Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently considering a gap year for Eco (see sig for grades etc. - predicted 3A*1A) and would like some advice on possible gap years. I'm looking around for gap years at banks but the only one which seems to be open is the Bank of England one, and i don't want to throw all my eggs in that basket. Does anyone know of any other good ones which are still open to applicants?

Also, I would plan on teaching myself further maths A2 at the weekends. Should i look to do any other subjects or would that be too much? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

*I know that i have already got Bristol and Bham but i dont want to do Eco and Accounting and don't really fancy Bham. If i reapply it will be to oxbridge, ucl, warwick, durham and nottingham i think..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think there were some post in the Economics 2010 offers thread a few days ago. So maybe post in there as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew.P)
    Hi, I'm currently considering a gap year for Eco (see sig for grades etc. - predicted 3A*1A) and would like some advice on possible gap years. I'm looking around for gap years at banks but the only one which seems to be open is the Bank of England one, and i don't want to throw all my eggs in that basket. Does anyone know of any other good ones which are still open to applicants?

Also, I would plan on teaching myself further maths A2 at the weekends. Should i look to do any other subjects or would that be too much? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

*I know that i have already got Bristol and Bham but i dont want to do Eco and Accounting and don't really fancy Bham. If i reapply it will be to oxbridge, ucl, warwick, durham and nottingham i think..
    Well to put it bluntly you have missed the chance for most gap year schemes I believe.
    i) A2 FM would be benefical.
    ii) What is wrong with Bristol Economics and Accounting?
    iii) What is wrong with Birmingham?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by andrew.P)

Take a look at this thread, if you were thinking of switching from E&A to straight economics.

ReputationRep:
    Might be something here; http://www.yini.org.uk/vacancies_det...ciplinies_id=8 - although they seem to be more business/finance based.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.