Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got a few questions crossing my mind thought I'll drop them here.

1. The student finance when do we have to sort that out someone said I couldn't sort it out till the 28th of this month?

2. How do you sort out where you wish to live for the student accomodation?

3. Does anyone know the boy:Girl ratio of these university's an what the nightlife is like in these places:

Glasgow
    Dundee
    Leeds
    Bristol
    Lancashire

4. Is it possible to change university within your first year?

5. Is it possible to change your accomodation if your not to keen on the one your in.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    Just got a few questions crossing my mind thought I'll drop them here.

1. The student finance when do we have to sort that out someone said I couldn't sort it out till the 28th of this month?

3. Does anyone know the boy:Girl ratio of these university's an what the nightlife is like in these places:

Glasgow
    Dundee
    Leeds
    Bristol
    Lancashire

5. Is it possible to change your accomodation if your not to keen on the one your in.

Thanks in advance
    1. New applicants can apply now but you need your course/uni info (usually done when selected firm/insurance and given firm info), returning students can apply from 29th January.

2. When you have been offered a place they will send you forms, you select your favourites in order then your assigned a building/flat/room.

3. Look on their websites or TSR Wiki

4. Yes but to continue on your first year you must do so within the first few weeks or be studying the same modules or you will have to wait until the following year - timing also impacts your finance.

5. Yes as long as you find someone for your room and an empty room in another one (through the uni websites/housing offices) and again finance-wise you have to pay for the time youre in the first as well as the new fees once youre in the second.

PS You could have gotten the answers by searching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)

Glasgow
    Dundee
    Leeds
    Bristol
    Lancashire

1. https://secure.studentfinance.direct...ation/register, do it as soon as it lets you

2/5. It depends on the university you go to, completely. Some will let you change and some will not, they may be overcrowded they may not. Generally they will give you information about when and how to apply for accommodation once you receive an offer.

3. Go to http://www.unistats.com/ to get stats on most uni including boy girl ratio.

4. Unless it's like the first week of the uni you want to go to, you probably won't be able to change unis- you'd have to wait until the next university year starts.

Hope it goes well.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.