Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i bleached my hair today, stupidly, & it turned out orangey (has to happen to everyone i guess)
    Seeing as i can't possibly go out in public with this colour, im planning on dying it a darker blonde today, which obviously still has peroxide in.
    Anyone done this before? i don't want my hair falling out.. although it would probably look better than it does now...

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you have any other option left.

ReputationRep:
    I remember one of my friends doing the same and she had to leave it a week before re-dying. Not sure if that's the same for all bleachy dyes, but yeah...you may be stuck with a it a bit before you can do much about it!

ReputationRep:
    I've bleached my friends hair twice in one day, using a pre-lightener first, and it was fine. Her hair was really thick though so if you have fine/weak hair I would really recommend waiting a week or it will fall out. Most people's hair needs about 3 bleaches, first it goes orange, then yellow then a light blonde which will need a toner over it to make it the desired colour. I really doubt putting a dark blonde dye over orange bleached hair is going to make it the colour on the packet..
    Go to a hairdresser and get it sorted out or just buy some more bleach and a toner!

ReputationRep:
    You can do it, but it's really bad for your hair.

But remember when you dye, you must be certain of the color! It might turn out GREENISH if the color you are putting on has too much blue shade extract in it (yellow/orange + blue = green). So be careful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarzbabe)
    So i bleached my hair today, stupidly, & it turned out orangey (has to happen to everyone i guess)
    Seeing as i can't possibly go out in public with this colour, im planning on dying it a darker blonde today, which obviously still has peroxide in.
    Anyone done this before? i don't want my hair falling out.. although it would probably look better than it does now...
    Pretend that you did it on purpose? If you want to dye it again then go to a professional hairdresser, which you should have done in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Hair Care and Hair Styles.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA I've done exactly the same thing! On Saturday I dyed it 'ice blonde', meaning VERY VERY ORANGE, which made me laugh uncontrollably, so yesterday I did it again with the same dye (the pictures on the box LIED: they said it'd take my hair from mid-brown to the actual ice blonde!) and today it's still orange but a bit lighter. Sort of strawberry blonde, if you will. Everyone's been looking at me sympathetically. I don't know what to do, ahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    It should be ok, my friend bleached/dyed her hair 4 times in 3 days and she still had hair much to our surprise. XD

but seriously your hair is going to be like straw :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    HAHAHAHA I've done exactly the same thing! On Saturday I dyed it 'ice blonde', meaning VERY VERY ORANGE, which made me laugh uncontrollably, so yesterday I did it again with the same dye (the pictures on the box LIED: they said it'd take my hair from mid-brown to the actual ice blonde!) and today it's still orange but a bit lighter. Sort of strawberry blonde, if you will. Everyone's been looking at me sympathetically. I don't know what to do, ahahaha!
    What are we like! i ended up dying it again and it went kind of yellow. Toned it and now its fine..

& doesn't feel damaged/dry at all. Score!

ReputationRep:
    What are we like! i ended up dying it again and it went kind of yellow. Toned it and now its fine..

& doesn't feel damaged/dry at all. Score!
    Oooh what toner did you use? I don't have a CLUE what I'm looking for!

I think my hair's calmed down a bit colourwise since being washed, but I'd still quite like a more normal colour, haha!

ReputationRep:
    Mine did that once but I stuck with it and after a few days it seemed to fade to a blonde colour

ReputationRep:
    Show us some pictures of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    Oooh what toner did you use? I don't have a CLUE what I'm looking for!

I think my hair's calmed down a bit colourwise since being washed, but I'd still quite like a more normal colour, haha!
    Lol, i use Schwarzkopf silver shampoo. Its in a purple bottle, and its like £3 from the chemist. its supposed to be for grey hair to bring out the silverness but it dulls brassy yellow tones too, its really good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.