Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    matter of intrest - after a BA isit possible to go back and do a different degree say from marketing to physiotheraphy... (as an undergraduate couse?)

    Also what are the fees like to do this? same as they would be on a first degree? i know theree would be no funding available... but just intrested...?

    i have rep available,....:yes:


    You may get caught by the ELQ (equivalent/lower qualification) scheme meaning you will need to pay 'full' fees, like those of an international student. NHS courses (if physiotherapy is covered by that) may be slightly different.
    • Thread Starter


    i was only asking as i didnt have the qualifications at the time to do a degre in physio then but now doing a degree and will be doing other courses so i have the qualifications by the time i apply for it.

    if i apply..... depending on fees

    its that or masters.... thats my goal anyhow lol

    The fees won't necessarily be the same as international fees; to take one example, Oxford's fees for ELQ students for the next academic year range from the normal £3290 to about £10,000 (with the average being about £6k), far less than the £12-14000 payable by international students. There are also a few unis that do not yet charge higher rates for ELQ students. However, obviously there's no telling how much they will rise in the future.

    It's a bit complicated at the moment. The government withdrew its support for people doing 2nd degrees but so far not all universities have passed on the full cost to students. As heidigirl says, they range from anywhere to unchanged to full international depending on the university. Then again it's likely physiotherapy is included in some sort of healthcare proviso, so fees are likely to be the usual 3300.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.