Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

should i split up a couple, just because i like her? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    also enjoy last few months with old gf... you seem to want to break it off at some point
    Ive pretty much been doing that for the last month or two. My post was more about how i go for this girl without her slapping me or telling me to go away.

The fact is, her boyfriend has dumped her twice and once just a month ago because another girl came onto him and he liked it (ok dont compare this with me) but after 2 or 3 days he decided it was the wrong choice. I want to talk to her and talk about her relationship and maybe convince her hes not right for her. Oh god this sounds so mental. Im a good guy, honest to god i am..

ReputationRep:
    Break up with gf even if you don't go after this girl, you can't be with someone because they don't have alot of friends

ReputationRep:
    No you shouldn't!!! Stay with your girlfriend. If you split up with her to go with another girl, this could ruin her and could piss him off pretty much.

Girls like this can cause trouble and you can end up getting hurt if she decides to split with him to get with you - imagine what he'll be like towards you now that you have not only cheated on your current girlfriend, but have also cheated on her with his girlfriend!!!

Anyway, who's to say that she fancies you? She might just really, really like you as a friend?

She's best left alone, and if she does ask you out, try your best to say "no" - and stick with your current girlfriend.

You're just going through a little rough patch with her - you'll get closer to her again soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. It's a strange situation. I can only suggest that you talk to your girlfriend and ask her how she thinks your relationship is at the moment. Surely if you are thinking of her as more of a friend than a girlfriend, then she will have noticed some changes. She might even feel the same.
    The point is you both need to be happy, and you shouldn't be together if one of you isn't. If you are worried about her not having any friends, just make sure you remain friends and that she knows you will always be there for her. People change over time, and sadly she has to acknowledge that. But whatever you do, do NOT start anything with this other girl until you have figured out stuff with your first girlfriend. And however it ends give it a little while before you 'jump on the band wagon' with someone else. It will really hurt her feelings, and if you ever cared about her you wouldn't do that.
    Anyway, good luck with whatever you chose to do. It's your decision, just be careful what that ends up being. Otherwise you might end up with no one. Which would be sad :-(

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. I did it using bf destroyer techniques, and when they finally broke up a week later, I wasn't interested :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    You have a girlfriend of 4 years and all you can think of is getting on some new girl who is not even on the market. Wow. Just wow.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Why not.

ReputationRep:
    you seem like a person who is always going to be dissatisfied and wants what he can't have..you have already got someone so stop being greedy and selfish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprinter1)
    Ive pretty much been doing that for the last month or two. My post was more about how i go for this girl without her slapping me or telling me to go away.

The fact is, her boyfriend has dumped her twice and once just a month ago because another girl came onto him and he liked it (ok dont compare this with me) but after 2 or 3 days he decided it was the wrong choice. I want to talk to her and talk about her relationship and maybe convince her hes not right for her. Oh god this sounds so mental. Im a good guy, honest to god i am..
    how do you know this? thought you hadnt talked to her yet

ReputationRep:
    To quote my favourite podcast - breaking up a relationship is a pretty ****** thing to do.

Wait for them to split first, dont go breaking them up, breaking you up and then everyone all get p-d at each other.

ReputationRep:
    that's pretty heart-breaking for your girlfriend.
    but yeah, finish with her NOW...don't be taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    how do you know this? thought you hadnt talked to her yet
    Pretty much a bit of research and facebook scanning.

Im not entirely sure what im going to do at the moment. Ill post up tommorrow after Sixth Form and i see her, whether i decide to jump on her back, :eek3:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    This is a massive test of your character, instict tells me you will fail.
    :rofl2: Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    This could take a while, and im not used to opening up at all, let alone on a forum, but its getting to the point where im done for.

I am currently in a relationship and its coming upto our 4th anniversary in February. We are best friends and neither of us has been with anyone else. I am 19, she is almost 18.

However, over the past few weeks ive noticed somebody else, a girl whos caught my eye and to be honest, i cant actually get her out of my head for some reason - this has never happened before which is why im pretty torn up about it all. This girl goes to my sixth form. She is my age, (18) whilst my girlfriend goes to another college a couple of miles away...

This girl also has a boyfriend, i discovered a few weeks ago that she had been with him for nearly 3 years but he has broken up with her once or twice over the last year (helpful?) Now i know for a fact this girl thinks im alright, she is often looking over at me or when we pass, she is fixed on me until i look at her which is when she quickly looks away. I also went to a party last night where she was with him, yet she was looking over at me and the group i was with alot.

Now, if this was any other girl who had taken an interest in me, id just brush it off, but this girl is in my head and i wouldnt mind getting with her. So my question is, how do i go around this? How shall i start conversation with her, shall i chat over facebook (which is my best option but id rather talk to her in person at Sixth Form).

Shall i go straight to the point and tell her how fantastic she looked at the party Saturday Night? Do i talk about our relationships and hope she sympathies with me when i tell her about how me and my girlfriend had been drifting apart over the past few weeks?

Some advice would be nice.
    Don't lose what you have got now, it just isn't worth it. There are always ups and downs, and people who will catch your eye, if you are happy with your gf then stay where you are. If not, end it and see what happens. Don't rush into anything new tho, as she will only think you're on the rebound, and if she is that amazing, it will work out if it's meant to anyway.

I guess it comes down to follow your heart, but just don't follow it too quickly until you are REALLY sure that is what it wants!

At the end of the day, you're young and have the time to make mistakes.

I know others will disagree but don't worry too much about breaking them up, because if it is that easy then it wasn't too great to start with. Just don't bother cheating, in the long run it's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    you need to break up with your current girlfriend she can do so much better

ReputationRep:
    This could take a while, and im not used to opening up at all, let alone on a forum, but its getting to the point where im done for.

I am currently in a relationship and its coming upto our 4th anniversary in February. We are best friends and neither of us has been with anyone else. I am 19, she is almost 18.

However, over the past few weeks ive noticed somebody else, a girl whos caught my eye and to be honest, i cant actually get her out of my head for some reason - this has never happened before which is why im pretty torn up about it all. This girl goes to my sixth form. She is my age, (18) whilst my girlfriend goes to another college a couple of miles away...

This girl also has a boyfriend, i discovered a few weeks ago that she had been with him for nearly 3 years but he has broken up with her once or twice over the last year (helpful?) Now i know for a fact this girl thinks im alright, she is often looking over at me or when we pass, she is fixed on me until i look at her which is when she quickly looks away. I also went to a party last night where she was with him, yet she was looking over at me and the group i was with alot.

Now, if this was any other girl who had taken an interest in me, id just brush it off, but this girl is in my head and i wouldnt mind getting with her. So my question is, how do i go around this? How shall i start conversation with her, shall i chat over facebook (which is my best option but id rather talk to her in person at Sixth Form).

Shall i go straight to the point and tell her how fantastic she looked at the party Saturday Night? Do i talk about our relationships and hope she sympathies with me when i tell her about how me and my girlfriend had been drifting apart over the past few weeks?

Some advice would be nice.
    I think you should have a sit down with reality and take a massive check list, besides anything else, if someone in real life finds out, your going to get your face stamped on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.