Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HELP!? Need to firm uni to apply for student loan?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive just started to apply for my loan on studentfinance.
    I cant seem to advance past the place where u put in ur ucas details.

Is that because im still waiting for offers, or because ive done something wrong?
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    well i havent firmed anything yet but i have managed to get passed this section it does say click next to select uni and code if ucas doesnt automatically put it there for you
    it worked for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    well i havent firmed anything yet but i have managed to get passed this section it does say click next to select uni and code if ucas doesnt automatically put it there for you
    it worked for me
    Oh right lol,
    as im still waiting for one of my offers, if i was to get rejected, would it be a hassle to change it?
    I was thinking about doing it after i got an offer, but i was told to do it as soon as possible because i might not get my loan in time?
    So is it worth putting my firm uni as LSE, or wait till i hear from them and then fill it out...?

ReputationRep:
    no from what i am told you just simply ring them up and change the Uni if necessary just to update your application

I havent firmed MMU yet as im awaiting London Met decision to allow me to firm but i know i am going to MMU

So i am doing it now

ReputationRep:
    Im confused
    Can i apply for student finance even though i haven't received a reply from my firm and insurance choice uni? Damn it newcastle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3w)
    Im confused
    Can i apply for student finance even though i haven't received a reply from my firm and insurance choice uni? Damn it newcastle!
    well i am definitely going to where i want to go just cant firm till my final uni gives me an offer as nothing i can do till then and you dont have to submit the application as soon as you have completed it but have it ready and filled in for submission thats all i have done

ReputationRep:
    If you apply online for student finance, you should be able to change it whenever before you send it off. If you've chosen your firm and insurance then its easier to fill it in, putting your firm in where it asks for uni details. If it turns out your not going there, just fill in a 'Change of circumstances' form with the new details and send it off

well i am definitely going to where i want to go just cant firm till my final uni gives me an offer as nothing i can do till then and you dont have to submit the application as soon as you have completed it but have it ready and filled in for submission thats all i have done
    If your not interested in your final uni's answer then you can reject them and choose your firm and insurance, you don't have to wait for the last university to give you an offer (or reject you) on UCAS before you can choose.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.