x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan on getting three tattoos:
    http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=...s&classt=alpha
    this:
    http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=...s&classt=alpha
    and this: http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=...s&classt=alpha
    All three mean a lot to me.

I plan on getting the first on my ribs, just below my right breast.
    The second on the inside of my left wrist
    and the third on the side of my left breast

I was wondering if anybody would know what sort of pain level I'd be looking at, the cost and the time they would take...

ReputationRep:
    they look quite simple and shouldn't take long at all, your probably looking about an hour tops, and the cost will be what ever the hourly rate of the tattoo shop is.

ReputationRep:
    All wouldn't take long, depending on the size. I have a tattoo on my right wrist of 2 words and then a little heart coloured in, about 1cm high and 3/4 long and took 20mins. Hurt a little bit, but it was pain like i wouldn't mind having it done again. WELL WORTH IT!.
    Mine cost £45, again for 2 black words in like fancy writing and a small heart coloured in red. But they also designed it so probably a bit more expensive than normal.
    All i can say is go for it...love it but keep them moisturised until they're healed!!

ReputationRep:
    About 15 minutes each. My mate got something similar on his wrist. reckon it'll be 20-30 quid each if they do it per tatoo. Maybe not for the last one though. Painwise is pretty opinion based I guessed. I would imagine one on your ribs would be sore as it would be vibrating on your ribcage.

ReputationRep:
    Just got one done on my Ribs yesterday, and it hurt like an absolute ***** compared to my others.
    Breast Hurt's a bit but not excessively, depends on how "fleshy" you are but from my female friends ive heard its not to bad at all, (chest only hurts a bit from personal experience)

and wrist's barely hurt at all.

ReputationRep:
    As i have said 100 times. Yes it will hurt, you are being stabbed repeatedly with a needle. The cost and time you need to be discussing with your tattoo artist not strangers on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be particularly painful on your ribs, but the pain is almost bearable, after a while at least. I wouldn't recommend getting the one on your ribs first.

The only thing I can compare the pain too is using an epilator, if you've ever tried one. It's a sharp pain, but not so bad that you have to stop it. It'll help to have some company though, to take your mind off it!

ReputationRep:
    you're getting howel, maps and X? really?

anyway, shouldnt take long, i got NUFC on my inner right wrist and it only took about 10 mins it hurt like a ***** though

cost £25

as for the pain no one can really answer that cause we dont know what your pain threshold is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    you're getting howel, maps and X? really?

anyway, shouldnt take long, i got NUFC on my inner right wrist and it only took about 10 mins it hurt like a ***** though

cost £25

as for the pain no one can really answer that cause we dont know what your pain threshold is
    Yep. All are fairly significant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Yep. All are fairly significant

fair enough

ReputationRep:
    It will cost £77.32

How do I know this? Because I am the guy who is going to be doing them. I must be, since only he/she would know the answer to that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    It will cost £77.32

How do I know this? Because I am the guy who is going to be doing them. I must be, since only he/she would know the answer to that question.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)

ReputationRep:
    I'm having 'Elizabeth' tattooed on my wrist in a similar font, and they've quoted £50. No idea how long it'll take though, I'm guessing maybe half an hour? Not sue at all.

And yes, it's going to hurt. Most likely feel like a hot scratching sensation.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I'm going out now but I'll continue this conversation later.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i have a tattoo on my left side ribs - its about 4x4 inches, but mostly just outline. really really hurt, only took about 20mins but i had to have a break halfway through! i'm not wuss when it comes to tattoos, i have quite a few...but it really hurt. obviously, not the same pain for everyone, depends on your build, how much muscle is underneath etc. im literally skin and bone!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the artist. I have both my wrists done, only small designs and it costs £30 to get both done together. Whereas my mate got one word on one wrist and it cost £60 at a different place.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.