The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Stanmer Court Information/Images?

Hi, my name is Ryan and Im hoping to attend Sussex University next year, I've got my conditional offer and its now just down to grade; I have been looking at the Sussex Accommodation and am interested in many places but the one that has peaked my interest is Stanmer Court, the problem is I cant find much information on it, I was hoping people could tell me a little bit about, for example as its close to the train line is it noisy when a train goes past etc...Any information would be helpful, I would also like to see some images of various angles of the rooms and the kitchet etc as I cant really find too many images of Stanmer.

Thanks to anyone who helps me!
Reply 1
I lived there and HATED it; we never had any hot water as it was ALWAYS broken, we once had a massive leak, and yes, you can hear trains going past :frown:
I don't know if they've fixed all of that though....
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Shasterbower
Hi, my name is Ryan and Im hoping to attend Sussex University next year, I've got my conditional offer and its now just down to grade; I have been looking at the Sussex Accommodation and am interested in many places but the one that has peaked my interest is Stanmer Court, the problem is I cant find much information on it, I was hoping people could tell me a little bit about, for example as its close to the train line is it noisy when a train goes past etc...Any information would be helpful, I would also like to see some images of various angles of the rooms and the kitchet etc as I cant really find too many images of Stanmer.

Thanks to anyone who helps me!

I lived there last year and thought it was great. I couldn't hear any noise from the trains or the road, but maybe it depends upon the room you get/how easily you notice that kind of stuff.

Yeah, we did lose hot water a couple of times, but it was fine the vast majority of a time, "always broken" is a huge exaggeration. And I believe they've fitted a permanent solution to this problem now, so there shouldn't be anything wrong. I was only in the second year of people to stay there, maybe someone staying there at the moment can confirm.

It's a very new building, which is nice, so that's one point over the older accommodations. It's a bit separated from the rest of campus, as it's the other side of the A27, so you have to go through the underpass to get to it, but it isn't all that far. In fact, if you're doing a science, you'll probably be closer to the lectures than other accommodations.

There an en suite with a nice power shower, sink and toilet, rooms are decent sized, big desk. There's a decent kitchen/communal area for the flat (4/5/6 people), though it doesn't have any sofas or a TV - one bonus point for Swanborough. It does have some comfy chairs though, so it's ok, and room for your own TV. There's a dining table and chairs.

There's some photos on this facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=photos&gid=36403911042

Any other questions, quote me on here, and I'll reply.
Reply 3
Thank you for your replies, I ended up putting Stanmer Court as my first choice, I assume the sewage is fixed by now and I don't mind noise too much (I would actually find the sound of cars to be quite soothing :P) so it seems like it should be a good choice for me, I do not like the idea of it being less social as it is slightly off campus but it cant be that hard to walk a couple of hundred to get to where everyone is :smile:
Anyway, onto another point, are there any pictures of the en suite online, a friend of mine hasn't made his accommodation choices yet and he wants to see what the bathrooms look like?
Thanks in advance and thanks again to those who replied :smile:
Shasterbower
Thank you for your replies, I ended up putting Stanmer Court as my first choice, I assume the sewage is fixed by now and I don't mind noise too much (I would actually find the sound of cars to be quite soothing :P) so it seems like it should be a good choice for me, I do not like the idea of it being less social as it is slightly off campus but it cant be that hard to walk a couple of hundred to get to where everyone is :smile:
Anyway, onto another point, are there any pictures of the en suite online, a friend of mine hasn't made his accommodation choices yet and he wants to see what the bathrooms look like?
Thanks in advance and thanks again to those who replied :smile:

I'm afraid I couldn't find any photos, but it's fairly basic - has a shower cubicle, sink and toilet. The shower's a fairly decent strength, the cubicle's got enough space, though the actual room is small. There's a shelf, a mirror with a light. No towel rail, unfortunately. There's not really a lot else to say. Similar style to the rest of Stanmer, nice and new.

Latest

Trending

Trending