Turn on thread page Beta

Emotional attraction towards cousin.. watch

ReputationRep:
    i think it'd be good to speak to a therapist so you can really identify with how you feel about this women...and don't feel embarrassed about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    Imagine how loose shed be, wouldnt even be a good shag whether shes your cousin or not.
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    lol, I think america is probbably more likely....
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Cornwall, surely?

Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)

And 'We are both good looking.'.. ?? Pfft
    LOL. The OP said it as if we were then going to think it was an entirely normal thing based on the fact that they both look good. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Incoming contraversial reply:

Incest was one of the themes I had to study last year in English Literature- although it was not a major theme (thank god). Anyone read 'Tis Pity Shes' a Whore? Brother and sister are in love, but ofc, forbidden to marry. Giovanni (the brother) asks a priest for advice, stating that why should he not be able to attain what is available to all other men, purely because of who conceived him. In the end the church forces his sister to marry someone who she does not love, as she is pregnant with his child.

So; two people love each other, but, because of events out of their control, their love is forbidden. Almost like how black people couldnt marry white people- and how people are against this union today (same goes for homo-sexuals).

Despite this, I am very much against incest, due to the consequences of potential offspring. But calling this guy 'sick' is a bit close-minded tbh. It's hardly his fault he's attracted to his cousin.

@ OP- I would assume (as you dont want to sleep with her) this will be nothing more than a strong friendship, so dont worry- yeah it is probably infactuation and will pass. Im not going to judge you, and kudos for coming clean about you feelings. I would try and accept the relationship as a familial love asap- who knows, it was probably this all along.

ReputationRep:
    Cornwall, surely?
    Ok firstly, back off. :p:

Secondly, I am very close to one of my cousins, we practically grew up together and I know what it's like to have a 'bond' with a relative. If you and your cousin are at ease with each other and have a lot of fun then it goes to show that you have a good friendship. Just because you have had some physical contact does not mean anything (and neither does how attractive you both are). Just enjoy having a cousin you get on well with because it's not the case for some people.

(Original post by squirrelkid)
    Ok firstly, back off. :p:

Secondly, I am very close to one of my cousins, we practically grew up together and I know what it's like to have a 'bond' with a relative. If you and your cousin are at ease with each other and have a lot of fun then it goes to show that you have a good friendship. Just because you have had some physical contact does not mean anything (and neither does how attractive you both are). Just enjoy having a cousin you get on well with because it's not the case for some people.
    Back off? I'm not the one leaning over my cousin :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, have kids, bet they will be SO attractive.

Your parents wont mind, they will approve because they know her well. Her husband wont mind because he knows you're better for her than she is.
    And her kids wont mind calling you their new uncle because well, you already pretty much are =]

ReputationRep:
    Back off? I'm not the one leaning over my cousin :mmm:
    :lol: it's a built in defence mechanism, any slur on Cornwall and I lash out. It's a disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I am 22 and my cousin is 35 and married with kids. We are both good looking too.

Me and my family went on holiday in 2007 and we stayed at my cousins house for 6 weeks. I used to talk to my cousin alot and also talked alone too and made her laugh alot. She also touched my face/cheeks and caressed my hand sometimes. I mean I spent 5 weeks in that house and I was around her most of the time. She also made very strong eye contact with me when I finished talking to her. We have alot in common. Since now, I have felt a strong emotional attraction towards her and I think she feels the same. Now, I'm not thinking of marrying her or something but I think I'm in love with her. Not sure if that is the right word. I don't want to have sex with her, I just want to spend time with her again. This surely can't be infatuation? I'm confused. Do I have a special bond with her?

Thanks for any advice.
    Blatant troll :rolleyes:
    But :wtf: :lolwut: anyway
    If this is true, you obviously just love her as a cousin and a good friend. You haven't said you are attracted to her and you haven't said that you know what love is. So you're not in love, you are reading the signs wrong probably and don't make any moves. It's werid :facepalm2:

(Original post by squirrelkid)
    :lol: it's a built in defence mechanism, any slur on Cornwall and I lash out. It's a disease.
    It's not a slur, it's fact Everybody in cornwall procreates with their blood relatives :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    What part of Norfolk are you from?
    Paaaah, generally made me lol. Reminded me of Jimmy Carr stand-ups.. repped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    LOL. The OP said it as if we were then going to think it was an entirely normal thing based on the fact that they both look good. :facepalm2:
    Lol, i know, as if that vital piece of info was going to justify his feelings?. WTH, I hope his mom isn't pretty lol.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    just because she touched your face, caressed your hand and gave you eye contact means she wnats you? what about your mum.

hahahahahahaaa

Also dont deny it, you want to do the dirty but it's probably just a bit of forbidden fruit tbh. You really must just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon1212)
    i think it'd be good to speak to a therapist so you can really identify with how you feel about this women...and don't feel embarrassed about it
    I don't think so. It seems like a little innocent (i hope) crush or infatuation. You spent some good times with her, got closer, sometimes it's normal to develop such feelings in situations like that. I think you will get over it very quickly though .

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to screw her, then tell yourself its just friendly. Problem sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    I don't think so. It seems like a little innocent (i hope) crush or infatuation. You spent some good times with her, got closer, sometimes it's normal to develop such feelings in situations like that. I think you will get over it very quickly though .
    I know, but I think therapy is still a good idea to eliminate any confusion

its disgusting, i know u say u cannot help it but its just wrong . Not being rude but i think you need counsiling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    i think its gross and you need to stop it.. You share blood, already!

And 'We are both good looking.'.. ?? Pfft
    (Y) yes that part did sound slightly big headed o_o

ReputationRep:
    You banged her yet, OP?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.