Turn on thread page Beta

Really good ways to regain fitness and some more :D watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

In October I was put into a cast because I had broken my scaphoid... just got out of my cast on the 13th of Jan. It's still has a tiny hairline fracture but the main break has completely healed and the doctor believed it was better for it to remain out of a cast for the remainder of the healing process... To cut a long story short... My fitness has obviously declined quite dramatically because of not being able to do any sport for 3 months (used to do sports at least 3 times a week before the injury).

So I bascially wanted to know what would be the best way to regain fitness... treadmill, cycling machine, rowing machine? and also what to do on thgose machines?

How often should i attend the gym and how long would it take before i saw any results?

Thanks for reading through all that if you did and cheers for any help

ReputationRep:
    do low impact stuff, such as swimming that don't put strain on the actual bone itself that much....possibly cycling...check with your doctor though, as he will tell you exactly what you can do

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.