Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a long way to go to get to number 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    It's surprising how many are university drop-outs.
    I think Bill Gates was a bit of a tearaway in his youth....I think most billionaires didn't waste their time with uni, they were too busy taking massive risks with loans and coming up with money making schemes.

ReputationRep:
    I would bet the rest of my overdraft that there are people in the world that makes Bill Gates fortune look like spare change.

Owners of the Federal Reserve for instance.

ReputationRep:
    There has to be people who can we look up at with extreme jealousy and imagine what it's like to be in their shoes with unlimited funds, massive pay packets coming in to our accounts and the world's biggest and most well-known companies at our control.

Also, the many many wives you could buy if you were amongst the sheiks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at all jealous. Seems like those hugely ridiculous amounts would be more of a burden than anything.
    I imagine with great wealth comes great responsibility. How I could ever want or need that much, I have no idea. I don't know what I'd spend it on. A beautiful house, securing my children's futures, beautiful art... And then, what?

Some of them could probably each support a small country on their own. It's hard to imagine.

ReputationRep:
    It depends - are you Optimistic or Pessimistic?

Because I am optimistic and elitist (and awesome) I feel the rich lists to be very inspiring - they show that there are some people out there who can achieve great success, rather than showing everyone being equal and living mediocre lives in terms of successfulness - which is very inspiring to get on and succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Cba with them. I have my own ambitions.

ReputationRep:
    It's depressing in the sense that they're all ugly...I was planning to marry someone rich and gorgeous, guess that's not on the cards any longer .

ReputationRep:
    inspiring, especially when im tired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    I'm not at all jealous. Seems like those hugely ridiculous amounts would be more of a burden than anything.
    I imagine with great wealth comes great responsibility. How I could ever want or need that much, I have no idea. I don't know what I'd spend it on. A beautiful house, securing my children's futures, beautiful art... And then, what?

Some of them could probably each support a small country on their own. It's hard to imagine.
    You could travel and see the world in luxury, access the parts of the world which normal people are denied.

You could help people who are worse of.

You could eat and drink the finest foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day.

You could experience going out into space.

You would be able to meet any celebrity that you may admire.

Instead of wasting three quarters of your life working you could indulge all of your fantasies or just further your mind and intellect....the possibilities are endless.

I could blow a billion like that!

ReputationRep:
    Only those that have earned it through hard work are inspiring, but even then, it is what they've done with the money that is inspiring, not the quantity of it.

ReputationRep:
    Not really inspiring nor depressing actually, the rich list just makes me go ":zomg: NO WAY!" for a minute and that's it. Doesn't make me want to read up on their stories and stuff..

ReputationRep:
    I'm neither inspired nor depressed. In fact, my only possible thought would be 'yay'.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think it's not really inspiring, but most of those people were just ordinary and it shows that nothing is beyond your reach if you have a good plan and you're willing to work hard. Luck might help too

ReputationRep:
    Inspiring, though I only have the humble aim of making a million.

ReputationRep:
    If I was as rich as Bill Gates I would buy a country -_-
    Actually have Microsoft HQ on the country...

My country will be called Arcadia! Fear beneath the power of Arcadia mwhahaha

edit:
    I would then persist to buy all the worlds landmarks and marvellous architectures!
    Tourist Island!

ReputationRep:
    Depressing in the sense that I'll never see that kind of money sitting in my bank account, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to know that it's pretty easy to get in there! Page 80 is only £30million, easily reachable.

ReputationRep:
    Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is on 35 bigguns!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't spot Damien Hirst in there, someone let me know if they do. I think he's soon going to be the first Billionaire Artist. I've met him a few times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.