Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So, I live in Denmark and I'm looking into applying for some schools in the UK. The problem I've got, is that I'm not sure what the schools mean by the following (taken from a description about a fine arts programme):

    "Entry Requirements
    A Foundation Studies Diploma, BTEC National Diploma or equivalent qualification in art and design is the normal entry requirement for these programmes.[...]"

    I've studied at the Danish equalent to the sixth form college. Can I use the diploma I got from that?

    Thanks in advance!
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    It's where you study a year of art at diploma level, incorporating different approaches/methods, before going to university to do a more specialised degree.
    Not all unis have this entry requirement though, and as an international student you should you should contact any unis you are interested in to see what your options are.

    A foundation studies diploma is like an Access course it builds a foundation and portfolio in your specialised area, for entry into higher education in the Arts.

    I would email the universities and the appropriate departments if I were you, detail the qualifications you have, any experience (don't worry if you don't have any) and see what they say as you're an international student .

    Good Luck!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.