Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    Hahaha you are so pathetic. Making stupid remarks on someone's LOOKS when they've not even said anything to you. Get a life you imbecile
    Jesus, I was joking.

I have abit too much to drink tonight .

Seriously though, was only playing :awesome:, you look beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    His money, his way. Although I would just find it extremely embaressing to be tight with my money with a girlfriend, but yeah if he wants to use the money for something else then you can't do anything about it. Although, you can break up with him, if you do can you tell him it's because of me? :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Jesus, I was joking.

I have abit too much to drink tonight .

Seriously though, was only playing :awesome:, you look beautiful.
    Drunk on TSR at 11pm. YOU REBEL, YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Drunk on TSR at 11pm. YOU REBEL, YOU.
    :yes: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you bought him a small thing or two for his car that he wants, then he'll acknowledge it and buy you things in return. If he does, then react positively it (Im sure you will!) as this should make him feel good about himself and motivate him to buy you things more regularly. Although you shouldnt expect too much from him, I think he's being a bit of a miser to not even take you to a film or even buy you a coke!

Alternately, you could arrange for an accident to hapen involving his car, although this may not go down well...

=)

ReputationRep:
    He sounds really tight-fisted. I know my boyfriend has next to no money but he has taken me out on occasion and wouldn't think twice about buying me a drink. We often go 50/50 on things, how about you suggest that? If you go to the cinema and for dinner if you pay for the cinema he pays for dinner or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    Wow what a **** lol ignore him , aha i saw ur nose after his comment and thought wish i had a nose like that! aha (not coz im pervy buh yeah i want a nose job lol)
    awww thanks! I can't see your nose but if it's as nice as your eyes then don't change it! But yeah thankuuu I'll ignore him hehe x

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha you are so pathetic. Making stupid remarks on someone's LOOKS when they've not even said anything to you. Get a life you imbecile
    Your well fit yeah ya get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttocserp)
    Your well fit yeah ya get me?
    :blush: thank you!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i don't get why everyone is saying he's not your bank, you seem to have a very fair attitude and he is being ridiculous. I can't believe he had the guts to ask you for the money for a coke and in front of other people! (maybe this is the way he was brought up so he doesn't think it's inappropriate) You're not asking him to pay your way but as you said, he should treat his gf occasionally especially if he is earning. Money is an awkward subject so I don't know how i'd approach it but maybe little comments when you feel he's being extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Yes.
    lol wut?

as if her nose is big, her eyes are big yes but her nose, LOL i think maybe you are looking in the mirror and mistaking it for your own nose

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a miserable old scrooge if you ask me.. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.. so he should be treating you like a princess.. Wherever you go you should pay half each to make it easier for both of you..

ReputationRep:
    :blush: thank you!
    Oh i was trying to be funny as i thought the remark was pretty stupid which is why i quoted your comment. You are very hot though

ReputationRep:
    He made you pay for your own drink!? I would get rid of him. Asap!!

ReputationRep:
    what does he do for a living are you having sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    He made you pay for your own drink!? I would get rid of him. Asap!!
    are you being sarcastic by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    your boyfriend sounds really overly tight, i mean won't even buy you a coke?? that is so tight its untrue!
    but ask him why he can't afford £1.50 for a coke, when you don't want any expensive gifts or anything.
    although an the otherhand he could be saving for something (like when you move in togather or other things) but tell him that when you live together your not going to live like a pauper just because his wallet if glued shut.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be in a relationship like that. Purely because I'm far too generous, and I would easily pay for everything. I like that my bf stops me paying for things sometimes :p:
    You could make plans for a dinner out or something. Also, check out MoneySavingExpert for 1/2 price meals out and stuff, it's lifesaving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    we hope to move in together soon and I just think that this problem is going to get worse once we start doing food shopping together etc...

...Like the other day we were at the pub and I asked him to get me a coke so he asked me for the money for it. My friend said "you won't even buy your girlfriend a coke!?"
    I'm going to skirt around the current issue of him not paying for things and pick up on this: If he apparently can't even afford to buy you a coke, how on earth is he planning to pay a share of the rent if you move in with each other?

Unless there's something we're missing here and he's saving up for that? You need, need, NEED to have a serious chat about this issue - don't go off on one at him for being stingy, instead sit him down and talk about how he thinks money will work if you're living together.

ReputationRep:
    Yuck, really unattractive trait to be so tight-fisted. No boyfriend should make you feel like some sort of financial burden when you're not even asking for that much from him. I just hope his beloved car keeps him warm at night the amount of love he has for it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.