Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

allergic to sanitary towels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Ahh okay. Well wait until you've had sex and you'll probably find it easier physically and mentally
    i never plan on having sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i never plan on having sex
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    aye im a virgin

never tried and dont intend to tbh even the thought makes me feel sick
    Honestly it's not that bad! I used to think the same way at first but once you do it, it doesn't feel as sickening anymore lol. Just give it ago, hon
    Saying that, I prefer pads because I can feel tampons there which is very annoying lol and I can't get used to the feeling (although I haven't used them enough to get used to it haha). Off topic, but anyone know why I can feel it? I'm sure I'm pushing it in far enough - my fingers are touching my skin and everything. Is this just not far enough?

And back on topic, if you are hardly having any blood come out then you don't need pads. It's like what I said in my other post, don't wear large pads when you don't need them like at the end of your period. They itch and feel uncomfortable. Use small ones or pantyliners. If blood is only coming out when you wipe yourself you defintiely do not need a pad let alone a tampon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    eh?
    im not ever going to have sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Honestly it's not that bad! I used to think the same way at first but once you do it, it doesn't feel as sickening anymore lol. Just give it ago, hon
    Saying that, I prefer pads because I can feel tampons there which is very annoying lol and I can't get used to the feeling (although I haven't used them enough to get used to it haha). Off topic, but anyone know why I can feel it? I'm sure I'm pushing it in far enough - my fingers are touching my skin and everything. Is this just not far enough?

And back on topic, if you are hardly having any blood come out then you don't need pads. It's like what I said in my other post, don't wear large pads when you don't need them like at the end of your period. They itch and feel uncomfortable. Use small ones or pantyliners. If blood is only coming out when you wipe yourself you defintiely do not need a pad let alone a tampon.
    i only wear a pad just in case theres more blood but i will switch to a lighter absorbancy one, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    eh?
    Lmao :rofl: Classic response!

im not ever going to have sex
    Sorry if I sound patronizing but just wondering how old you are? I used to feel this way often when I was younger but stopped as I grew older. Are you asexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Are you using applicator tampons or without applicator?

If without applicator you are not going far enough , you need to be getting your finger right up there :p:

if applicator you need to full insert the 'top' bit of the applicator (that holds the tampon) at least

and if you can still feel it I'd have thought it's either that you're not putting it in far enough (remember you can't put it in too far, as long as the string is hanging out you'll get it out fine) or that you're using a too big size.

have you read the information leaflet that comes in the packages? they have diagrams and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Lmao :rofl: Classic response!

Sorry if I sound patronizing but just wondering how old you are? I used to feel this way often when I was younger but stopped as I grew older. Are you asexual?

im 28 and dont worry you dont

i dont think im a-sexual cause i do other things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I'm so glad I don't have periods
    seconded

(Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Do it!
    Done! Thank you for reminding me :awesome:

Ignore Bubbles - I used to get very sore and itchy when I used disposable pads and I'm pretty heavy, so I had to change them every couple of hours for about half the days of my period. You've probably just got slightly more sensitive skin than most people.

The suggestion of a mooncup is one I'd vouch for too, but if you don't feel comfortable using tampons then you probably don't want to use something else which works in a similar way. And don't listen to other people - it's your body, use what you want.

So how about reusable pads? Provided you clean them properly (i.e soak them in a bucket of cold water and salt, spritz them with stain remover and throw them in the washing machine) they're perfectly hygienic and don't get stained, and they work really well. They're much, much more comfortable (and probably better for you, since they're breathable) than disposable pads, a hell of a lot cheaper, and you can buy them from various people online (most seem to be made by women to earn some extra money in their free time). I used this site: http://www.tlc-pads.com/products.htm

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Done! Thank you for reminding me :awesome:
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Are you using applicator tampons or without applicator?

If without applicator you are not going far enough , you need to be getting your finger right up there :p:

if applicator you need to full insert the 'top' bit of the applicator (that holds the tampon) at least

and if you can still feel it I'd have thought it's either that you're not putting it in far enough (remember you can't put it in too far, as long as the string is hanging out you'll get it out fine) or that you're using a too big size.

have you read the information leaflet that comes in the packages? they have diagrams and everything
    Lol it's definitely applicator :p: And I definitely insert the bit with the tampon in :laugh: I don't know how I could even be using a tampon if I didn't do that at least lmao :lol: Yeah I've read the instructions countless times and I'm using the smallest Tampax Pearl so my problem is that it's probably not going in far enough (even though I'm sure my fingers were touching my skin so don't know how to get it in deeper) I hope I won't have to go non-applicator lol; I've only just figured out applicator! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Lol it's definitely applicator :p: And I definitely insert the bit with the tampon in :laugh: I don't know how I could even be using a tampon if I didn't do that at least lmao :lol: Yeah I've read the instructions countless times and I'm using the smallest Tampax Pearl so my problem is that it's probably not going in far enough (even though I'm sure my fingers were touching my skin so don't know how to get it in deeper) I hope I won't have to go non-applicator lol; I've only just figured out applicator! :laugh:
    I think I'm in the minority but I think non-applicator is MUCH easier! No faffing about. You just literally shove it in as far as possible - I know I make it sound horrible but once you've done it a few times, it's a doddle and you can just throw the plastic wrapper bit down the toilet (no rubbish! Woop!) And definitely use lil-lets if you're using tampons - they expand widthways so no leaks! Woop!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.