Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    During March!!! That's ages away!! Oh well...at least now you have that extra-motivation to do well in your mocks!

G
    Yeah I guess so I reckon they make us wait for law for a long time so that we get a feel for the stress that lawyers have to go through.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Yeah I guess so I reckon they make us wait for law for a long time so that we get a feel for the stress that lawyers have to go through.. lol
    Lol!! I hope its only LSE then! I dont think that i could handle waiting to heear from UCL, Kings, Nottingham and Bristol until March!! I'm rushing to check to post everyday as it is already...and its not even xmas yet!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    What coursE did u apply to ?
    Philosophy and Economics... I know I've had an offer, it's on my UCAS tracker and I got the UCAS confirmation, which says 'see letter from institution' so I'm sure I should have one from the LSE as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lurker)
    Philosophy and Economics... I know I've had an offer, it's on my UCAS tracker and I got the UCAS confirmation, which says 'see letter from institution' so I'm sure I should have one from the LSE as well.
    hey Lurker! congrats on your offer =)
    i'm thinking of applying for philo n econs at LSE too.. any advice?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer for History on the 10th Dec, I recieved a letter from LSE telling me all about accomodation and finance on Xmas Eve. They also said because they haven't handed out all the offers for my course yet the date of the open day is yet to be finalised, and i will hear about that in due course. So don't worry-their admin is about 2 weeks behind UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    I got my offer for History on the 10th Dec, I recieved a letter from LSE telling me all about accomodation and finance on Xmas Eve. They also said because they haven't handed out all the offers for my course yet the date of the open day is yet to be finalised, and i will hear about that in due course. So don't worry-their admin is about 2 weeks behind UCAS!
    Thanks, I suppose I'll get something eventually then.

(Original post by jazzboy)
    hey Lurker! congrats on your offer =)
    i'm thinking of applying for philo n econs at LSE too.. any advice?
    Thanks... I'm not really sure about advice, since they don't interview or anything. You could try reading the suggested books in their prospectus to see if you'd like the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lurker)
    Thanks, I suppose I'll get something eventually then.

Thanks... I'm not really sure about advice, since they don't interview or anything. You could try reading the suggested books in their prospectus to see if you'd like the course.
    hm.. do u mind if i take a look at your personal statement since u have gotten in already? Its my 2nd yr applying to the LSE and i'm desperate!! =)

ReputationRep:
    guys.........u scare me..i hav jus applied for acc and finance at LSE just before christmas...and if u r hoping to get an offer in march/april......wat abt be..ill they even bother looking at my app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Hi, was it your 1st choice? And what's your surname...I'm still waiting and maybe it's alphabetical??? What grades did they ask for? Has anyone else applying for lhistory got an offer yet???

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter from them this morning! Yay!

(Original post by jazzboy)
    hm.. do u mind if i take a look at your personal statement since u have gotten in already? Its my 2nd yr applying to the LSE and i'm desperate!! =)
    My personal statement really doesn't have anything particularly special in it, at least I can't think of anything that would make me stand out from the rest - I'm sure most people applying there have a good personal statement. In fact, I've applied for different courses in different places - Philosophy and Economics in the LSE, but other courses (Economics related) as well, so it's not concentrated that much on Philosophy anyway.

I'm post A level, which I think is why I've had a response already, and I know my references were good, so that probably helped too.

But if you still want to read it, pm me and I'll send it to you.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 29, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.