The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't want to end up on the street.
Fear of feeling as I did on GCSE results day and AS results day.
I've set my standards pretty high and I do want to have a career in an extremely competative field so if I'm ever slacking I just think about how I won't be able to get where I want to be if I don't work hard.

Sometimes thinking about what you won't have if you don't act is motivating
Thinking about :hump: girls :hump: usually motivates me.
Reply 5
Failing last year. And these jan exams being my last chance :frown:
The fact I know I am quite intelligent and am more than capable of achieving whatever I set myself.
Reply 7
i don't want to be a sales assistant!
Reply 8
oiguovbln;
Reply 9

:smile:
Usually I don't work until i get 'the fear' - the feeling you get when you realise you're absolute screwed - and there's no possible chance you can mange it now.
Reply 11
Thoughts of failure.
The course I want to study at uni is the only thing I can see myself doing as a career. So if I don't get the grades I'm buggered and I'll see myself as a failure.
Reply 13
**** all you go to university get a degree and eat ****
Reply 14
Playboy King
I've set my standards pretty high and I do want to have a career in an extremely competative field so if I'm ever slacking I just think about how I won't be able to get where I want to be if I don't work hard.

Sometimes thinking about what you won't have if you don't act is motivating

Competitive*
Have you ever asked yourself whether you are working hard in the wrong field? I can see you are running straight into the rat trap.
Reply 15
lovedontlivehere
The course I want to study at uni is the only thing I can see myself doing as a career. So if I don't get the grades I'm buggered and I'll see myself as a failure.

Are you not allowed to resit?
Reply 16
Colour Me Pretty
The fact I know I am quite intelligent and am more than capable of achieving whatever I set myself.

Exactly this.
It doesn't matter what university you go to what grade you get. If you are intelligent you will acheive success in so many other forms be that business , investing etc. These are the type of people who end up really wealthy.
Because I want to be the best. Thats it.
Curiosity about how and why stuff happens.
To be able to teach somebody somewhere something.
And the fact that I'm paying £7,000 a year in fees and living expenses and I don't want to mess up. But mostly the first two. I love learning; I just don't always like having to follow my tutor's interests or the module syllabus! But I figure that eventually if I work hard and do well, I can research what I want to :smile:
Maturity
Competitive*
Have you ever asked yourself whether you are working hard in the wrong field? I can see you are running straight into the rat trap.

That's why I stick to numbers with maths and physics :laugh:
What do you mean by that? how can you see I'm running straight into the 'rat trap'?

Latest

Trending

Trending