Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Try reading motivational self help books? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    Are you not allowed to resit?
    Of course. But I don't want to. Not having to resit exams would be another motivation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    That's why I stick to numbers with maths and physics :laugh:
    What do you mean by that? how can you see I'm running straight into the 'rat trap'?
    You want a career, a job, to be an employee that's why.

ReputationRep:
    You want a career, a job, to be an employee that's why.
    And why is he foolish to want these things? If he's dedicated enough and puts the work in he'll get where he wants to go. Stop being so pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    And why is he foolish to want these things? If he's dedicated enough and puts the work in he'll get where he wants to go. Stop being so pessimistic.
    I am sorry but at what point did I say he was foolish? I am not at all. I am simply stating this is the typical route in being trapped into working for the most of people's lives. You have got me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but at what point did I say he was foolish? I am not at all. I am simply stating this is the typical route in being trapped into working for the most of people's lives. You have got me wrong.
    Fair nuf. Thought you meant it more as a criticism of his wish to go into that kind of employment.

I'm too tired for foruming. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Discretionary bonuses.

ReputationRep:
    If I fail an exam... I'd be lucky to have a TV in my cardboard box... I'd be showing off to other future cardboard box dwellers such as yourself if you do not do your work. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat285)
    In my head I know I want to do well in my exams, and I believe I can. But, I just can't seem to motivate myself or sustain any interest long enough even though it is there. So how does everyone else manage? What drives you and is there any advice you could impart?

Ps. Not just the usual "I want to get into a good uni" - why?
    Bleh - seemed like the thing to do at the time :o:

ReputationRep:
    My desire to make lasting contributions to mathematics, especially in the fields of number theory and game theory.

ReputationRep:
    When i auctaly think of uni, great nightlife, room/place of my own. Friends with the same intrests as me. Being able to auctaly study something which i will enjoy! :') It just makes the work before the exam seem so little compared to what i can gain from it

ReputationRep:
    The idea of failure.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a pic of my dream uni to motivate me. But that's changed and the uni that's replaced it.... well, I haven't been able to find nice pics of the campus. :ninja:

Oh, and this may be a tad weird, but pics of pretty things motivate me! Designer handbags, extravagant mansions, expensive cars... :drool:

Yes, I'm very materialistic. But I just want to achieve the best.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to feel like I did last year and end up crying because I let myself and my parents down, whilst my 'friends' make me feel like rubbish because they did far better.

I also really want to meet my offer - another year spent at home does not appeal to me. I want to study Ancient History, not my A levels (okay, just Biology). I want to see As on that piece of paper in August and know that I tried damn hard and succeeded.

ReputationRep:
    Have an awesome life!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.