Turn on thread page Beta

Im a 20 year old female who is interested in a 32 year old woman. I have only been in one relationship before, and that was with a girl of my age. The woman is very sucessful in her chosen career, I met her through a sports club at uni. My question is, is a 12 year age gap too much for someone of my age? Ive observed that its more common for lesbians to be with women of different ages, but Im wondering whether the relationship would be doomed to failure with me being a university student (albeit an atypical one, as I am a teetotal non-smoker who spends most of my free time working out and competing in two sports to quite a high level). Comments and suggestions welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? If you think there is a chance it will work out, go for it. If it doesn't work at least you'll have tried and won't be wondering 'what if?'

ReputationRep:
    I would say go for it - life is about experiences and grabbing opportunities, and especially at your age, this is time when you're supposed to have the big experiences (I would count having a large age gap relationship as one) which really shape your personality and outlook on life.

BTW OP, do you know if she's interested you in anyway? Sorry to sound nosy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Who cares? If you think there is a chance it will work out, go for it. If it doesn't work at least you'll have tried and won't be wondering 'what if?'
    This :yes:

ReputationRep:
    if you like her why not....

Hey! Yes, I know shes interested in me. Ill go for it when I see her this week. I figure that dating anyone from my age up till around 35 is classified as normal, anything outside that would probably be considered to be a little creepy. I just wanted to gauge other peoples opinions who were roughly the same age as me.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, get in there.

ReputationRep:
    Totally fine age gap! My best m8 was 22 and at uni when she met her 33 yr old gf. They have recently celebrated 10yrs together and seem to be a really fun laid back couple who have a proper laugh together when out. Anyway I have seen that type of age gap work first hand so you go girrl.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. hope it lasts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey! Yes, I know shes interested in me. Ill go for it when I see her this week. I figure that dating anyone from my age up till around 35 is classified as normal, anything outside that would probably be considered to be a little creepy. I just wanted to gauge other peoples opinions who were roughly the same age as me.
    How do you know she is interested in you? How do you know she is a lesbian? What sport is it women's rugby?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.