Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone has that happen to them ? like you're outgoing all of a sudden , and much less shy than the day before for example

This didn't happen suddenly but after I started working out with weights and put on some 20kg of muscle, I do feel a lot more confident.

yes, but believe me, you can be shot down just as fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This didn't happen suddenly but after I started working out with weights and put on some 20kg of muscle, I do feel a lot more confident.
    i put on the same but my confidence didnt change as much as i thought it would

(Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    i put on the same but my confidence didnt change as much as i thought it would
    Well it might depend on what you were like before. Before I started pumping iron, I did very little sports and was quite weak so perhaps the transition for me was greater than it was for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well it might depend on what you were like before. Before I started pumping iron, I did very little sports and was quite weak so perhaps the transition for me was greater than it was for you.
    well i was 6'4'' weighing in at 10 stones...

ReputationRep:
    My confidence fluctuates perpetually.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get them as well, namely after I've exercised, spent a lot of time on some work and finished it successfully, or have had a bit of alcohol down me.

I do wish I was more confident in general though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    anyone has that happen to them ? like you're outgoing all of a sudden , and much less shy than the day before for example
    nice going spaceman

ReputationRep:
    After I masturbate I become more confident in myself but a bit too much because I think all the female ladies are attracted to me, but that could also be the smell of my spunk in my pants but I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading this book before and there was an exercise in it, to build your confidence.

You basically just remember times in your past when you were confident and visualise them, so you get that feeling running through you again, then just keep adding more and more experiences of feeling confident. Once you're feeling pretty good, create an anchor or a trigger. In my case I clenched my left fist.

Now every time I'm feeling insecure or I need confidence, I clench my left fist and that's suppose to make me feel confident again. I tried it a couple of times and I did feel better. It remains to be seen whether it will work in general though. Only started doing it tonight...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.