Turn on thread page Beta

One thing bugging me at Uni watch

ReputationRep:
    OMG man, are you ******* serious ?
    As long as these guys don`t mock at you and don`t make you feel uncomfortable its their own ******* business what they do.In the same way you can envy Cristiano Ronaldo that he spends 10 000$/day on his vacations in Las Vegas.Besides, 400 pounds for international vacation is not at all that much.

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people who have gone on ski trips and have worked to be able to afford it. I don't see where you get off telling people what they can or cant do with their money. If you've got it then why the hell not spend it. Might as well enjoy it rather than leave it sitting around and worry about what you're gonna do with it. I get annoyed sometimes when you get people who get a ******** of money off their parents every month and its hard to keep up with them when they go drinking and **** all the time. But meh, if I had kids id probably share my money with them too. Why not live comfortably if you can?

And besides our country is a pretty level playing field. If you want to have money then all you need is the right attitude and knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***amy***)
    No but I don't think the OP is annoyed that they are going on trips, but they're ATTITUDE to it. It is true that a lot of students don't realise how lucky they are and are terrible at saving money because they know they have a steady supply from home and thus don't recognise or learn the true value of it.
    I understand where you are coming from. But what can we do about it? People shouldn't be punished or scorned at for having more money and utilizing it. Being bothered and offended by their attitude is a waste of energy and there are better things to do. There is also a risk here of just making a generalisation that most/all students who don't work during uni and get money from their parents are lazy and arrogant, which is totally untrue.

ReputationRep:
    £400 is chump change really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***amy***)
    No but I don't think the OP is annoyed that they are going on trips, but they're ATTITUDE to it. It is true that a lot of students don't realise how lucky they are and are terrible at saving money because they know they have a steady supply from home and thus don't recognise or learn the true value of it.

that is exactly it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    do you go to Surrey by any chance? lol
    no, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestro*)
    no, why?
    lol, basically reminded me of a lot of people here.

Ew, what's wrong with you. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Ew, what's wrong with you. Honestly.
    you say that like i'm a peice of ****. explain you ****.

(Original post by Maestro*)
    you say that like i'm a peice of ****. explain you ****.
    I don't quite comprehend why people enjoying themselves are pissing you off.

Like, stop being such a chav, it's ever so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    If I had that much money though, I wouldn't go on crappy uni trips, I'd organise my own.

ReputationRep:
    what?!

ReputationRep:
    It hasn't ever bothered or annoyed me.
    Before I went to my much more wealthy (but still apparently not even that wealthy in the grand scheme of things o.O) sixth form college, I had no idea that people lived that kind of lifestyle. I mean I was aware that there were rich people, but seeing makes everything much more real.

It wasn't annoying though somehow... just, very interesting. That there were so many people living in a completely different world to mine. I think the main reason it doesn't annoy me in the slightest is that my own parents are so loving and caring, I have never felt the need for money really.

ReputationRep:
    come on, don't you get a grant? at uni poor students are richer than rich ones

ReputationRep:
    It annoys everyone but no one will admit it.

ReputationRep:
    I have met annoying rich people and annoying poor people (vice versa)
    So what if they are rich; its only annoying if you let it.. Unless you're Bill Gates, they is always someone else who is richer, bigger, better, etc.
    If they are actually showing off; you dont have to be friends with them.
    But if they are actually nice people who are just taking advantage of their fortunes, then you need to get over it.

ReputationRep:
    OP I come across people like you all the time and it's so annoying!! Why does it bother you that some people are just **** with money, it's absolutely none of your business what other people's attitude to their finances is.. it's not affecting you in any way. My parents are by no means incredibly wealthy but I still get jealous people being mean to be because I buy new stuff all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm pretty poor to be honest, but even I can see that it's their money and they can spend it on what they like. I wouldn't mind so much if you were talking about them buying textbooks for their course even, because that would at least be educational-related, but you're talking about people spending their money on pretty harmless luxuries; what do you want them to do with their money - bonds? They can spend it how they like, and you'd do well to either look at taking out a loan or getting a job if you want to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    So they're not allowed to go on trips just because it makes you bitter that you can't? :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.