Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    jesus said be content with what you have...wow RE lessons were nto so pointless after all..
    That's the stupidest quote I have ever heard! It's like saying, "What you have is good enough, don't try hard to get anywhere in life because you have enough already."
    But on the other hand...SNOW ON TUESDAY NIGHT! Woooo!

ReputationRep:
    I have no cash and I'm genuinely happy for people who can afford to go places like that whereas me I know the only place I'd be able to afford to go is a £60 return trip to Scotland.

I'm not a bitter person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshyEls)
    Coming from a kid whos uses his profile to boast about the all the expensive holidays mummy and daddy take him on. In what sense is "living off my parents" being a self employed international playboy?
    Who said anything about my parents taking me? I work to get my money, jackass :dry:
    and I'm not even boasting, I'm offering info on the areas to others users which has been helpful because I've had many ask me.

Judging from the tone of your post, I already can tell you're one of those sad little pathetic sexually frustrated a-holes that nitpick posts on here. What's the matter...your mummy never jacked you off today? Ask your dad, if he swins that way :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP, if they have money so why don't take advantage of it? They shouldn't do it because there are people like you who can't afford it? That's life. It's bugging you because you'd like to be in their shoes and you envy them. It's a natural reaction, but remember that it doesn't make you worse, so why do you make such a fuss about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestro*)
    Is the rich kids who seem to be going on every trip abroad organised by their societies for example, that are like £400 and having to deal with their snobbish attitude and bragging of it on Facebook. Knowing that my parents couldn't ever afford a £400 trip for me and that these rich kids are living off their parents' wallet and in doing so are able to go on as many trips aboard as they want and have good varying experiences whilst meeting new people.

Does it piss anyone else off?
    I see .... I see ... jealousy in your soul young man... buahaha

Now seriously , why you need to raise this kind of silly questions.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't care about others.

What you can do is focus on you-being successful and able to afford a nice home and a nice car when you get rich, don't spend your time studying others. It's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    go on a holiday in your head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfizzle)
    what they said! ignorance is bliss when it comes to snobby rich kids!

(ps, good luck with your interview tomorrow, HotCoco!)
    Haha thank you very much! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    That's the stupidest quote I have ever heard! It's like saying, "What you have is good enough, don't try hard to get anywhere in life because you have enough already."
    But on the other hand...SNOW ON TUESDAY NIGHT! Woooo!
    no it means dont envy what others have got that you havent..you can be the richest man in the world but still envy someone higher than you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestro*)
    Is the rich kids who seem to be going on every trip abroad organised by their societies for example, that are like £400 and having to deal with their snobbish attitude and bragging of it on Facebook. Knowing that my parents couldn't ever afford a £400 trip for me and that these rich kids are living off their parents' wallet and in doing so are able to go on as many trips aboard as they want and have good varying experiences whilst meeting new people.

Does it piss anyone else off?
    What do your parents have to do with it? Aren't you an adult, capable of earning your own money?

ReputationRep:
    If you spend your life comparing yourself to other people then you will never be happy.

ReputationRep:
    £400 isnt that much for a trip abroad

ReputationRep:
    meh! It's annoying knowing a lot of my uni friends don't actually pay for a single thing themselves, and have nice cars and clothes and go out all the time, But then i think spoilt Toff. And i don't care. Plus, if i want something i just work for it, so take up extra shifts over the summer or whenever and buy it/ do it myslef. Im going to kilimanjaro this summer having saved up all my birthday money and money from my summer job to achieve this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    Why the UCL hate?!? :woo:
    i hate ucl because it is full of toffs and posh arrogant people; i went to a rough london state school and ucl is geekier thanthe geekiest person in my highschool n i hate it; i hope u understand?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't piss me off at all. I'm certainly not one of those kids, but I always think if a parent has worked hard, they can treat their kids. If they were born into money, I guess that's a little different but I guess you don't really know.

But if they start bragging, then it is off.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it frustrates me that people lean on their parents into adulthood. But as people have said, you'll be more independent and better at coping on your own. Whereas they may well struggle.
    I'm not frustrated at rich people, I'm frustrated that they continue to keep leaning on their parents when its time to be self-sufficient. Time to stand on your own two feet. I'm concerned for them really. I hope they don't find it too much of a shock when things aren't so easy.
    Rich people who earnt the money have all my praise and respect. Kudos to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i hate ucl because it is full of toffs and posh arrogant people; i went to a rough london state school and ucl is geekier thanthe geekiest person in my highschool n i hate it; i hope u understand?
    Not really, because I'm at UCL and I love it here and have met so many lovely people, but I guess everyone has different experiences depending on course/halls, etc..
    I hope uni gets better for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***amy***)
    point made..?
    Flights to Asia are about 500 return minimum. Of course it's cheaper per day to backpack than to go skiing but my friends that went to Asia on a seriously tight budget for a month spent over a grand (including flights to be fair).

OP just be happy you're even at uni! And get a job in the summer and save to go travelling or backpacking like FormerlyHistoryStudent suggested.
    My point being that I got the impression from the OP that these kids do this a lot, and go on every uni trip possible. For the price of say three of these trips, about £1200, you could get a basic round-the-world ticket and still have about £400 spare - you'd end up with a far greater variety of experiences than if you were just skiing for the equivalent of six weeks.
    I've seen flights to Asia for about £250-£270.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Who said anything about my parents taking me? I work to get my money, jackass :dry:
    and I'm not even boasting, I'm offering info on the areas to others users which has been helpful because I've had many ask me.

Judging from the tone of your post, I already can tell you're one of those sad little pathetic sexually frustrated a-holes that nitpick posts on here. What's the matter...your mummy never jacked you off today? Ask your dad, if he swins that way :rolleyes:
    Don't lie, your parents take you. If you actually earnt the money you would have included how in your boasting somewhere. Sexually frustrated? Coming from the guy who hits on random girls on the internet and is determined to convince a bunch of strangers he is some sort of stud. If you must know I live with my girlfriend and have sex on tap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Just think though - you don't have to be rich to travel - once you've bought the flights you can travel though Asia and South America for surprisingly little, and can gain just as many experiences as these people at uni, if not more! Or you could work for a bit longer and then travel around the world! Then who'd be jealous? One of these people could boast about a 2-week skiing trip in America or Canada or something now, but then in time you could be going on about your backpacking trip through Asia or around the world, and all the fabulous experiences you've had...! It doesn't cost that much to travel through Europe, either, or have minibreaks or weekends away there
    why did you make a new tsr account?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.