Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats with all these stupid threads, if they can afford it let them have it, i dont know why it pisses you of, if anything ill say you jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Some of them have flocked together, almost, and created an 'elite' society (yes, they refer to themselves as 'the elite').
    Yeah, that would annoy me, were did they get that idea. A teen movie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestro*)
    Is the rich kids who seem to be going on every trip abroad organised by their societies for example, that are like £400 and having to deal with their snobbish attitude and bragging of it on Facebook. Knowing that my parents couldn't ever afford a £400 trip for me and that these rich kids are living off their parents' wallet and in doing so are able to go on as many trips aboard as they want and have good varying experiences whilst meeting new people.

Does it piss anyone else off?
    I don't think it's really bragging by putting it on facebook. I know loads of people who go on holiday and change their status to whatever amazing things they saw/experienced that day and photos etc. Going on holiday is fun and I don't think it reflects well on you calling people you're jealous of cocks. I'd have no friends left if I called them cocks every time I was jealous of something they have that is better than what I have! Get over it, earn enough money to go on a trip you want and go! Let people live their lives how they want to/are used to and carry on living your life. But stop getting so jealous because you'll just get boring if people have to continuously listen to your jealousy.

Also, I quite enjoy looking through friend's photos and seeing what they experienced and knowing where they are going etc and Facebook lets you do all of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestro*)
    my parents couldn't ever afford a £400 trip for me and that these rich kids are living off their parents' wallet
    Don´t live off your parent´s wallet.
    Go get a job and pay for your trips yourself.

ReputationRep:
    you've made your point flugestuge, sending a private messgae as well, flaming heck man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by style)
    Yeah, that would annoy me, were did they get that idea. A teen movie?
    God knows, but they sure as hell believe they are 'elite'. Im just happy knowing my grades outperform all of theirs, as does the quality of my friendships, talents etc.

The good thing is people like this will always be mocked. One guy who always finds some way of getting with attractive girls, even ones not part of the 'elite', is always laughed at. In fact I heard the other day that he never lasts for more than 5 minutes...lal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.