Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with the Police spending taxpayers' money on sledging? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    EDITTTT:...to quote myself.
    (Original post by deadlokIV)
    Just to clarify. I'm fully not attacking them.
    One of my overly boring mates brought it up during a Mario Kart 64 session just now. He's dead set against the Popo doing anything cool.
    He brought it up before when the police did that other thing on the roof that time...

definitely showing him this thread is a sec. First... more sailor jerrys / N64...
    Cheerrss ennnn.

Is this all really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Sledging is free.

ReputationRep:
    This is no different to making a prank call to 999, so NO, I don't agree with their actions.

ReputationRep:
    i dont see it as much of a big deal tbh, and im usually a nazi when it comes to stuff like this

ReputationRep:
    For Gods sake so what if they did a bit of sledging??? and how in the hell are they spending taxpayers money?? They're just sledging, what has tax got to do with it???????

ReputationRep:
    So they procrastinated for a while, while on the job.. they shouldn't have but I doubt we'll go into further recession because they decide to slide down a hill on a snowday rather than walk around the park..

ReputationRep:
    Of all the things people could be getting upset about...

I don't agree with them spending taxpayers' money on a gay little face reminding me to lock my doors and windows (since I threw it away) but you don't see that in the news.

ReputationRep:
    I fully endorse their behavior. Make sledges not riot shields. :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    hahah people have got to stop reading the daily mail

ReputationRep:
    I do agree. They were not busy, not costing us any more than had they been sat at the station, it improves police-public relations, and they enjoyed themselves. I see no reason why people should get so upset, when the government pisses money out of every orifice, about 8 or so police officers taking 5. If they hadnt been there they would have only gone to MacDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    Grow up

ReputationRep:
    I don't care, and how is it costing money?

that hill looks awesome for sledging on, I must find out where it is!

ReputationRep:
    i think anyone who complains about this should get a life. they are allowed to have fun.
    imo its also fantastic to see police officers doing something infinitely more worthwhile than their regular job... booking motorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    sig
    I bet whoever did that found it hilarious until armed police smashed through his door and starting shoving his kitchen utensils up his arse. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    This is no different to making a prank call to 999, so NO, I don't agree with their actions.
    lmao its not?
    coulda fooled me, it looks pretty different.

ReputationRep:
    brilliant, glad they had a laugh in the snow rather than hangin around sipping tea looking cold. Nowt wrong with a bit sledging...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Actualy it's very different. Your comparison is broken.

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a ****? Seriously, who? What harm was done?

ReputationRep:
    If a granny was being mugged and they when sledging instead then sure. But come on, it's really not that big a deal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.