Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with the Police spending taxpayers' money on sledging? watch

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely couldn't care less. Bloody good effort in my opinion, good on them.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares...

(not me anyway).
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It depends, if they were meant to be on duty then yes it's a problem. If it was a lunch break/pre work then i've no problem at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    I bet whoever did that found it hilarious until armed police smashed through his door and starting shoving his kitchen utensils up his arse. :awesome:
    It was a member of /b/ who did it. Apparently Oprah fired a lot of researchers after that and claimed 'she was just joking and knew about it all along'. Erm, I don't think so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Actualy it's very different. Your comparison is broken.
    Prank calls waste police time, sledging ______ police time?

Please answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiberiFatali)
    Who gives a ****? Seriously, who? What harm was done?
    Exactly.I'm sure they probably wouldn't have had much to do when they were on duty anyway when they were playing with their riot-shields so I don't quite see the what the fuss is about

ReputationRep:
    They didn't buy the riot shields solely to sledge :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    The Nazis used to go sledging whenever it snowed so I do not agree with police sledging.

ReputationRep:
    Naaa, it's just a bit of fun! They might be a bit bored if the criminals are snowed in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think they are "wasting" tax payers money. Give the guys a break. Let them enjoy the snow like everyone else. I hardly see how the shield is going to be damaged. If they can't withstand sledging they are not fit for purpose!!!

Good on the coppers. We should see the light side of them more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladies Man)
    The Nazis used to go sledging whenever it snowed so I do not agree with police sledging.
    get. a. *******. life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Haired Teen)
    If a granny was being mugged and they when sledging instead then sure. But come on, it's really not that big a deal.
    yea, but from a sledging standpoint, it was a massive deal. I want a go.

(Original post by CombineHarvester)
    It was a member of /b/ who did it. Apparently Oprah fired a lot of researchers after that and claimed 'she was just joking and knew about it all along'. Erm, I don't think so...
    hahaha, yea. I'll remember to wear Oprah's joking face the next time I crack out a pun or two.

That guy's Mini-scream in the vid made me fire my tea out of my face. And for that, they are gods.

ReputationRep:
    They are human beings! ANYONE with a shred of decency would use a riot shield as a sledge given the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    They didn't buy the riot shields solely to sledge :facepalm2:
    This.

OP thread fail.

ReputationRep:
    Leave them be.

ReputationRep:
    This.

OP thread fail.
    Just to clarify. I'm fully not attacking them.
    One of my overly boring mates brought it up during a Mario Kart 64 session just now. He's dead set against the Popo doing anything cool.
    He brought it up before when the police did that other thing on the roof that time...

Definately showing him this thread is a sec. First... more sailor jerrys / N64...

ReputationRep:
    Watch QI earlier in the week?

On topic, I've no problem with it. Nothing wrong with taking a break for 10minutes. Apparently they weren't even there long. So it's not like they wasted an afternoon dicking about in the snow.

ReputationRep:
    nope it was just a bit of fun ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleBill)
    Watch QI earlier in the week?
    Just testing a theory out young billy boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Prank calls waste police time, sledging ______ police time?

Please answer.
    That is so obscenely narrow minded I cba to explain the differences.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.