Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with the Police spending taxpayers' money on sledging? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What about kids throwing snowballs at school?

Do you agree with the school kids spending taxpayers' money on snowball fights?

Ofcourse i do, it's not like policing is of any use

ReputationRep:
    I think if you have such a massive problem with them having a bit of fun you should go and stage a riot over it so they have the chance to use those shields properly... on your ******* face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very unhappy about the thousands of pounds their decision has cost me, and the millions of crimes that took place whilst they were wasting time that otherwise wouldn't have done.

Oh, wait...

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell it's not like the rest of the working population don't screw around on the job occasionally, they're only human. Stupid of them to upload a video but what you gonna do.

All day long people in offices screw around on facebook, I would never have believed how much of it went on until I worked full time in one. If all those people stopped screwing around then the country could probably afford more policemen, but it's not going to happen. Seriously the police can do no right by some people.

People in the comments on that youtube video saying I wish the UK police were like the US. If there's one thing I'm proud of in the UK is that we don't have to give our regular police guns. Sheesh just watch the youtube video of the American cop who brings a gun to a snowball fight..

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less. I'm glad that they were having fun, as whenever I see them they look incredibly miserable.

ReputationRep:
    Police can either sit in their car threateningly, or join the community on the hill and have some fun, making them more approachable and ultimately more aware of community problems.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, give them a break...

ReputationRep:
    I dont agree, but their boss handled it pretty harshly, he could have handled it with a bit more humor. I like to know my policemen have feelings.

ReputationRep:
    It didn't exactly cost the taxpayer anything now did it?

It was a spontaneous (God I hate that word) action that lasted no more than five minutes, it was just a bit of fun.

Some people need to get a grip and lighten up.
    Geez

ReputationRep:
    They should be strung up!:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe there is a TSR thread complaining about workers having a few minutes of fun on the job. Lets live a little shall we?

ReputationRep:
    What about all the other people who get some contribution from taxpayers, like schools and universities? I'm sure plenty of school, college and university students (as well as their teachers) were spending their time sledging rather than studying or doing things like marking but no-one's bringing that up.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, why deny the police a bit of sledging fun? Anyone who is up in arms with it is just stupid and needs to do other things with thier time to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree with them sledging

Come on .. you would if it was you !

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has a problem with this needs to unbunch their panties tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I think its great. Its not wasting money, its them havign a bit of fun, and can only improve their relationship with the public, especially with kids. Its not like the spent all day doing it and ignored their duties, they just took 5 or 10 minutes off to have fun in the snow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Prank calls waste police time, sledging ______ police time?

Please answer.
    ...helps give the police a friendlier face in the community improving public relations whilst not being much of a drain on...

Basically prank calls waste the operators time, they then send the police out when they could be stopping a crime. Whilst sledging, ff a call came in that they need to go do something, i think they may have stopped sledging and gone and done it...

ReputationRep:
    I hope they enjoyed themselves. We need to stop being so uptight about some things IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Prank calls waste police time, sledging ______ police time?

Please answer.
    the point is that you don't know it was officially 'police time'. They could have been on break or lunch or whatever. Added to that that it's all of 40 seconds of police time - can you really say that a task such as stopping to tie a shoelace is "wasting police time", or stopping to give directions in the street to someone is "wasting police time", or getting a cup of tea from a shop, or taking a look at a timetable, or waiting for a tube (as I have seen many do on London Underground - sitting at a bench on a station reading the metro), or other such things which aren't officially part of a policeman's duties. It's hardly like the sledging caused an entire team of riot police to be needlessly sent to save a non-existent person or stopped someone getting through to 999.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.