Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have googled the gay scene in Reading and can't get details of the dress code. I'm going to an open day next week and want to check out the scene, but don't want to go out and get turned away for the way I'm dressed! I am asking because the scene where I am from everyone goes out in trainers, jeans etc.

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Penis.

Wear something fashionable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Penis.

Wear something fashionable?
    BTW I'm a lesbian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treenyc)
    BTW I'm a lesbian
    Aye incase of my bad luck, I added a more sensible comment after.

ReputationRep:
    Have googled the gay scene in Reading and can't get details of the dress code. I'm going to an open day next week and want to check out the scene, but don't want to go out and get turned away for the way I'm dressed! I am asking because the scene where I am from everyone goes out in trainers, jeans etc.

Thanks x
    short hair, male clothes, and something that reveals your camel toe? :p:

i jest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pleased to say that most lgbt friendly bars stopped saying "members only" to people who "looked straight" (even if they weren't) a good few years ago.

In short, the lgbt scenes I know of are pretty inclusive and would hope that Reading is too.

If you're really unsure just take a change of clothing, I doubt you'll have a problem though, I often just go out in jeans and tshirt

Have fun
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Thanks x
    There isn't really a gay scene as such in Reading (unless one has sprung up in the three days since I went back to uni, and I haven't been looking out for one, being straight) - no clubs or anything, but the uni LGBT will have club crawls and the like. From what my lesbian friend dresses like, checked shirt, jeans and trainers; pretty universal, I'd imagine. As a town, we're pretty open and inclusive, so, chav/biggioted scum not withstanding, you shouldn't have a problem!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangey)
    There isn't really a gay scene as such in Reading (unless one has sprung up in the three days since I went back to uni ) - no clubs or anything, but the uni LGBT will have club crawls and the like. From what my lesbian friend dresses like, checked shirt, jeans and trainers; pretty universal, I'd imagine. As a town, we're pretty open and inclusive, so, chav/biggioted scum not withstanding, you shouldn't have a problem!
    There are 2 gay clubs/bars and one gay pub in Reading town centre, :s The Wynford, The Granby and the Malthouse.

From what I've experienced they don't really have any sort of dress code. Just dress how you normally would dress whilst going out and you'll be fine. Trainers and stuff are all okay as far as I know.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sing-in-silence)
    There are 2 gay clubs/bars and one gay pub in Reading town centre, :s The Wynford, The Granby and the Malthouse.

From what I've experienced they don't really have any sort of dress code. Just dress how you normally would dress whilst going out and you'll be fine. Trainers and stuff are all okay as far as I know.
    Oh yeah, the Granby, I'd forgotten! Then again, with their classic "entrance at rear" sign, how could I? Cementary Junction is a bit far out though, and not the best place to stumble home from. The Malthouse is good, and, although a gay club, it normally has a large mix of straight/gay people in it. Never even heard of the Wynford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangey)
    Oh yeah, the Granby, I'd forgotten! Then again, with their classic "entrance at rear" sign, how could I? Cementary Junction is a bit far out though, and not the best place to stumble home from. The Malthouse is good, and, although a gay club, it normally has a large mix of straight/gay people in it. Never even heard of the Wynford.
    It's right next to the Back of Beyond, there are usually gay men in there but you get more of a mix on Tuesdays and the other nights where they have caberet or kareoke on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.