Turn on thread page Beta

Should I keep this secret forever? watch

ReputationRep:
    what have you got to gain from it? four years is a long time, seriously just leave it now and try to put it behind you. there's no point in telling him, and there's no point in letting it hang over you either.

ReputationRep:
    Look, think about it yourself, would you want to know. Ideally you'd never have done this. But look - you were lucky enough to have a bit of fun on the side and now realise you really do love your boyfriend. Just be happy you have him and be a great gf...

Telling him is for one benefit only - your conscience. I had a massive secret I had to tell my ex. YES it made me feel better it was off my chest, but probably wasn't the best of ideas...

ReputationRep:
    I think you should tell him or it might come out in an argument later. You'd be surprised at the deep dark secrets that come out when you're half drunk and having a bitter argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    If you think you can live with the guilt for the rest of your lives
    LOL it seems we are talkin about an homicide

ReputationRep:
    Tell him. If he forgives you for this, it means he really does love you.

ReputationRep:
    these things always come out.. so just tell him.. im sure he'll understand especially because you seem to have good reason... maybe he'll be glad you did it then and not after say you got married

ReputationRep:
    It would be easing your conscience in trade of troubling him. Your ease of mind in exchange for his. Your happiness in exchange for his. And he'd dump you; or look askance.
    Yes, your time limit has expired ages ago.

Honestly, you'd have to rather selfish to do it now. Rather

ReputationRep:
    It'll only make things worse I think. It's a difficult situation though because if you were in his position you would want him to be honest with you. If you're ok with keeping it in the past and don't think he'll ever find out from another person, then I don't see the point in you telling him tbh

ReputationRep:
    If you tell him it'll ruin everything and quit rightly so. I couldn't be with a female who I know has slept around behind my back and I don't think any self-respecting male should be either. Unless he's completely whipped he'd leave you as soon as finding out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I think you should tell him or it might come out in an argument later. You'd be surprised at the deep dark secrets that come out when you're half drunk and having a bitter argument.
    I agree with O-Ren. You may let it slip accidentally sooner or later.
    I think you should tell him. Be warned though. There is a very high chance he will break up with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    Tell him. If he forgives you for this, it means he really does love you.
    QFT.

I think you should tell him.

The consequences may come but that is life. We make mistakes and something it will blow up in our faces but that is how we learn I guess.

If he loves you and you love him, you both should be able to make allowances for the bigger picture, rather than focus on the past.

Thing is though, the fact you cheated on him with your best friend might make it a bit difficult for your boyfriend to get over, or it'll at least take longer to accept.

EDIT: Like others are saying, it could come out accidently. I know there are some mistakes that are not important enough to be shared but I think he'd ought to know about this one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.