Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Those who say jeggings/leggings shouldn't be worn with t shirt/short tops.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people say that those leggings/jeggins that girls wear are too revealing/slutty when worn with short tops and t shirts. However my jogging pants are thinner fabric and cling to my bum/reveal it a lot more than jeggings do..and I wear a short t shirt with these!. You know so shouldn't I go outside walking to the gym wearing these am I being too reveling wearing jogging pants? For example like in the pic below?

I don't understand the difference:confused:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's girls with big legs that shouldn't wear them with short tops or t shirts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    I don't understand how people say that those leggings/jeggins that girls wear are too revealing/slutty when worn with short tops and t shirts. However my jogging pants are thinner fabric and cling to my bum/reveal it a lot more than jeggings do..and I wear a short t shirt with these!. You know so shouldn't I go outside walking to the gym wearing these am I being too reveling wearing jogging pants? For example like in the pic below?

I don't understand the difference:confused:
    I suppose they will say you are wearing these joggers for a good reason as they help movement etc at the gym and leggings are just a fashion statement and wearing without something over is unnecessary?

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with that, looks good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red_student)
    I suppose they will say you are wearing these joggers for a good reason as they help movement etc at the gym and leggings are just a fashion statement and wearing without something over is unnecessary?
    yea true but people say 'oh jeggings look aweful if not worn with long tops' but don't think twice about joggers. It makes me wonder if Im being too revealing at the gym and people are thinking look at the state lol.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm complaining, but I don't quite understand why basically 90% of women in the gym cannot seem to function in anything looser than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    No, it's girls with big legs that shouldn't wear them with short tops or t shirts
    A lot of gym attenders/sports women have big legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Not that I'm complaining, but I don't quite understand why basically 90% of women in the gym cannot seem to function in anything looser than that.
    Do you think those clingy thin fabric joggers are too revealing? I suppose you can't really get baggier pants in that type of cool stretchy fabric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    Do you think those clingy thin fabric joggers are too revealing? I suppose you can't really get baggier pants in that type of cool stretchy fabric
    I think they are too revealing when people I don't want to see revealed wear them.

ReputationRep:
    It;s just the case of too many chicks with fat asses wear jeggings/leggings.
    If it wobbles, it's fat, and no one likes to watch fat. If the ass is good, the hell yeah, wear nothing but mini skirts and leggings.

ReputationRep:
    I Wear Jeggins All The Time With T-shirts, But I Think If You Feel Comfortable In It Then You Shouldn't Worry What Other People Think?

ReputationRep:
    Gym fashion is confusing and only women seem to take it seriously. Men will exercise in whatever feels comfortable and is available whereas women seem to lack the ability to function without lycra and a bright tank top.

Apparently tracksuits are unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
    Gym fashion is confusing and only women seem to take it seriously. Men will exercise in whatever feels comfortable and is available whereas women seem to lack the ability to function without lycra and a bright tank top.

Apparently tracksuits are unacceptable.
    You're not really answering, rather restating what I just said. I know women are weird about this, I want to know why.

ReputationRep:
    Jeggings/leggings aren't made for lots of movement, unlike gym trousers. They're flimsier fabric and thus show every lump bump and imperfection. THAT's the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you showing off your batty?
    But, I agree, yeah, even tight joggers look awful with short tops, but I guess most people change out of that straight after going to the gym, no? It's not really a fashion statement or anything, whereas it is with the leggings/jeggings. I think you should start wearing long tops with yours, cuz from what I can tell/see, it wouldn't be in your best interest to not cover up the upper half of your legs. :ninja: Soz. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    When I Exercise I Wear My Footy Shorts &&. A Loose T-shirt As Its Comfortable I Don't Know How Women Can Exercise In Lyra... Just Too Clingyyy

ReputationRep:
    You're not really answering, rather restating what I just said. I know women are weird about this, I want to know why.
    I'm guessing women apply the same rules from the "outside world" as they do to the gym. They want to look good and since that is considered conforming to trends they all wear the same thing, that thing can be considered sexy because it's revealing and they have clung onto that, for now.

Men on the other hand go to the gym to exercise and get sweaty and couldn't care less because if you're going to lift weights or run ten miles you're not going to look good by the end of it are you?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you throw down the money for some really good quality ones, leggings are generally made of thinner fabric than jogging pants. I was standing behind a girl in a shop once who was wearing leggings and a short t-shirt and I could see the pattern on her pants through the leggings. Not an especially flattering look imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Why are you showing off your batty?
    But, I agree, yeah, even tight joggers look awful with short tops, but I guess most people change out of that straight after going to the gym, no? It's not really a fashion statement or anything, whereas it is with the leggings/jeggings. I think you should start wearing long tops with yours, cuz from what I can tell/see, it wouldn't be in your best interest to not cover up the upper half of your legs. :ninja: Soz. :cry2:
    I don't wear jeggings/ leggings I just wondered what the difference was in terms of covering up tight fitting pants. On my upper legs they are big its mostly muscle Im trying to get more leg power so they will prob look even bigger shortly:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
    I'm guessing women apply the same rules from the "outside world" as they do to the gym. They want to look good and since that is considered conforming to trends they all wear the same thing, that thing can be considered sexy because it's revealing and they have clung onto that, for now.

Men on the other hand go to the gym to exercise and get sweaty and couldn't care less because if you're going to lift weights or run ten miles you're not going to look good by the end of it are you?
    most Ive seen do wear tight joggers, same with cyclists.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.