Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Those who say jeggings/leggings shouldn't be worn with t shirt/short tops.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between fashion and comfort. In general it's just easier to exercise if you don't have fabric flapping everywhere, thus comfort.

ReputationRep:
    2 words.
    camel. toe.
    lol.

just unflattering really.

ReputationRep:
    I never wear tight trousers. I can't :p: I look like a tree

ReputationRep:
    I Play Alot Of Footy Soo I'm Fairly Fit Soo I Can Kinda Get Away With Wearing Jeggings And That

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
    Gym fashion is confusing and only women seem to take it seriously. Men will exercise in whatever feels comfortable and is available whereas women seem to lack the ability to function without lycra and a bright tank top.

Apparently tracksuits are unacceptable.
    ironically enough at my gym, the women i see who clearly take the gym quite seriously and are in good shape because of it are the ones who'll exercise in any old top and a pair of plain trackies. the only ones who wear all the lycra and leggings and skimpy tight tank tops seem to be those who look the least good in them.. :p:

the other day, this big lump of a girl, basically your bog standard chav, swaggered in in a pair of far, far too tight bright pink leggings, a pinapple top, and about 5 inches of make up. she got on the treadmill next to me, gave me a pretty disgusted look (i tend to hit the gym quite late, so i'll wear any top and joggers i can find, and rarely bother with make up) before turning it on and starting to run. she was puffing away after about 30 seconds and i think she persevered for about a minute before getting off and going on the cross trainer... verrry slowly.

then she left after about 10 minutes altogether in the gym. :lol:

this said some people at my sports club are pretty ridiculous. i honestly once saw a woman trying to run on a treadmill in 5 inch high heels.

ReputationRep:
    i wear jeggings/leggings with tops that at least cover my bum
    but yeh i wudnt wear with short tops as well i believe my bum is too big.. lol

ReputationRep:
    Blaaah, hate them. Either trackies/shorts+tee for me, I don't care what I look like when i'm working out.

ReputationRep:
    i think you can wear jeggins/wet look leggins with short tops if you dont have massive legs...it only looks bad when people wear the standard black ones that are sometimes a bit see through!
    wearing jeggins with pockets is pretty much the same as skinny jeans anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    I don't understand how people say that those leggings/jeggins that girls wear are too revealing/slutty when worn with short tops and t shirts. However my jogging pants are thinner fabric and cling to my bum/reveal it a lot more than jeggings do..and I wear a short t shirt with these!. You know so shouldn't I go outside walking to the gym wearing these am I being too reveling wearing jogging pants? For example like in the pic below?

I don't understand the difference:confused:
    I dont really care about the leggins-jogging pants issue but post more pictures of your bum please :yep:

ReputationRep:
    cos jogging bottoms are ugly

ReputationRep:
    Camel toe is not cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    I don't understand how people say that those leggings/jeggins that girls wear are too revealing/slutty when worn with short tops and t shirts. However my jogging pants are thinner fabric and cling to my bum/reveal it a lot more than jeggings do..and I wear a short t shirt with these!. You know so shouldn't I go outside walking to the gym wearing these am I being too reveling wearing jogging pants? For example like in the pic below?

I don't understand the difference:confused:
    Those aren't as clingy as leggings.... They actually look really hot! I wear trousers just like those to the gym... Never even considered it a problem...
    I don't think that VERY thick (in size) or fat girls should wear leggings with short tops though... because they don't look flattering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burayo)
    i think you can wear jeggins/wet look leggins with short tops if you dont have massive legs...it only looks bad when people wear the standard black ones that are sometimes a bit see through!
    wearing jeggins with pockets is pretty much the same as skinny jeans anyway...
    This!! You encapsulated the full essence of what I wanted to say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinex)
    i wear jeggings/leggings with tops that at least cover my bum
    but yeh i wudnt wear with short tops as well i believe my bum is too big.. lol
    Of course they should cover your bum.... they look awkward if they don't.... even if your bum is small... Well the black ones look bad with short tops... But if they're just tight tracksuit bottoms then they don't really look bad, even with short tops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brit-teeth)
    ironically enough at my gym, the women i see who clearly take the gym quite seriously and are in good shape because of it are the ones who'll exercise in any old top and a pair of plain trackies. the only ones who wear all the lycra and leggings and skimpy tight tank tops seem to be those who look the least good in them.. :p:

the other day, this big lump of a girl, basically your bog standard chav, swaggered in in a pair of far, far too tight bright pink leggings, a pinapple top, and about 5 inches of make up. she got on the treadmill next to me, gave me a pretty disgusted look (i tend to hit the gym quite late, so i'll wear any top and joggers i can find, and rarely bother with make up) before turning it on and starting to run. she was puffing away after about 30 seconds and i think she persevered for about a minute before getting off and going on the cross trainer... verrry slowly.

then she left after about 10 minutes altogether in the gym. :lol:

this said some people at my sports club are pretty ridiculous. i honestly once saw a woman trying to run on a treadmill in 5 inch high heels.
    This is very funny!!

ReputationRep:
    Would you actually wear those jogging bottoms outdoors though? To go shopping? To the cinema?

That's the point, people wear these jeggings/leggings outdoors. While they can look lovely when the bum is covered, they just look like you've forgotten something if it's not. Like going out with tights on without wearing your skirt.

They aren't made to serve any particular function other than to be worn, unlike tracksuits, they are only a fashion statement. Like all fashion statements, when worn incorrectly, they look awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Why are you showing off your batty?
    But, I agree, yeah, even tight joggers look awful with short tops, but I guess most people change out of that straight after going to the gym, no? It's not really a fashion statement or anything, whereas it is with the leggings/jeggings. I think you should start wearing long tops with yours, cuz from what I can tell/see, it wouldn't be in your best interest to not cover up the upper half of your legs. :ninja: Soz. :cry2:
    She's got a nice bum though... It doesn't look bad... It would probably look the same in skinny jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    She's got a nice bum though... It doesn't look bad... It would probably look the same in skinny jeans.
    I wouldn't say so. Skinnies are made with thicker material. While the material of those joggers just clings to the bum, denim sort of holds it in (within reason), and makes everything appear a little smaller, tighter I guess.

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    Of course they should cover your bum.... they look awkward if they don't.... even if your bum is small... Well the black ones look bad with short tops... But if they're just tight tracksuit bottoms then they don't really look bad, even with short tops.
    would you say if a top like covered just below the bottom of bum.. would htat be ok with leggings?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.