Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I so short? (5ft 3 Male) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'1''. I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Not really a matter of malnourishment. You can be decently nourished, but need well nourishment to be tall as opposed to average.
    If you don't reah your grow potential due to nourishment issue that makes you malnourished (that does not mean starving, you can be fat and malnourished)
    Parents height is generally the best predictor of hight of the child.

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'9, which is above average, but I am not particularly happy.I think the ideal height for a guy is 6'2 but anyway
    To the OP : There is something you can do, which I am not advising you to, but, you can contact some doctors practising in the respected field to give you the hormones of growth.If this is conducted correctly under strong observations, you cant go to 6'5, at least.
    You have heard of Leo Messi, I guess.He had the same problem.No team ever considered him because he was very,very short for a 13 year old boy.However, Barcelona coaches noticed his talent, got him, and with these hormones made his height normal.He is 22 or 23 now and his height is 5'7

ReputationRep:
    Hell, i'm 5ft9 and i feel short. But, it's not what lifes all about so don't worry mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I'm 6'1''. I like it
    Thanks for the input!

ReputationRep:
    everyone has issues about the way they look we're all in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    Look at Jamie Cullum. He's really short, but it hasn't stopped him being super-successful - oh yeah, and he's just married a 6 foot supermodel (Sophie Dahl) as well.

(Original post by crazylemon)
    If you don't reah your grow potential due to nourishment issue that makes you malnourished (that does not mean starving, you can be fat and malnourished)
    Parents height is generally the best predictor of hight of the child.
    OHHH ok.

My mum is 5'8, my dad is 5'10 and they were both brought up in India without great nourishment :p: Let's hope i beat them :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw my issue is how young i look, i've got a baby face. and i'm 21!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey don't worry im female 5ft and would love a guy your height!! Also I think shorter guys in general have upper bodies that look better at least you are not lanky.
    Now you've gone and hurt my feelings:bawling:

I'm 6ft1 and a half and yes i'm skinny and lanky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    OHHH ok.

My mum is 5'8, my dad is 5'10 and they were both brought up in India without great nourishment :p: Let's hope i beat them :daydreaming:
    Wait and see :p:
    I reached my dad height go me! :p: (considering my mum is 5ft not so bad :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I'm 6'1''. I like it
    and you got CCD for A Level.

hence you are a fail.

oh, and I'm 5'11 :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Just one of those things you have to deal with unfortunately. I am 5'9 and am the shortest in my group of friends; I even find loads of girls are taller than me when I go out because of the mountainous bloody heels they wear. Get yourself a pair of timberlands, should add an inch or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Wait and see :p:
    I reached my dad height go me! :p: (considering my mum is 5ft not so bad :p:)
    My parents are both taller than me, and i have reached my peak :grumble: having said that, I am quite happy with my height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    and you got CCD for A Level.

hence you are a fail.

oh, and I'm 5'11 :ta:
    I have retakes in a few days so it won't stay like that for much longer :yes:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to understand, but you have to learn to live with it. I'm average at 5'9" and even I feel short! As l;ong as you're confident and funny, people will overlook the height thing. See if you can impress a girl much taller than you!

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5'1 lol ..

i love my height.. sure i have them days where i wish i was just a few inches taller but you learn to love and accept your height :] and thank god for platforms! LOL ..But seriously having a good self-concept will come across within your personality and it will show with confidence. So people wont pick on your height, trust meee :cute:

And you'll meet the right girl someday who loves you just the way you are :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    It's really not that bad darling.

High heels?

I'm 4'10". You're lucky.

:getmecoat:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2013
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.