Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ever possible to know if a girl is attracted to you Watch

You being a cuddly bear like guy with semi low confidence and an inability for chatting up girls. think gary coleman with smaller cheeks taller and better built with a little extra padding.

I am 'You' andn i don't know really how to get a girlfriend, i've asked a few girls out but they've just shrugged me off playfully and politely i honestly don't understand what is going on because they show an interest then back track in an acceptable way; "Sorry my mum said no kinda thing".
    E.g This girl asked me out and i said "could spoil our friendship" she was kinda cute and as our friendship grew it got tothe stage where i asked her out she said yes, but then backtracked saying her dad wouldn't have it. Barely a month later she was dating another guy.

I've honestly tried everything and am now not even sure about the basics.
    1. where to meets girlfriends
    2.how to chat them up
    3. whether a date means you're going out and how to define dating against relationships.
    4.Why i have been unsuccessful up till now.

Thanks and sorry for the long post. :eek3:

Dont know enough about you or how you behave towards girls. sorry. But i think i can understand what your going through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You being a cuddly bear like guy with semi low confidence and an inability for chatting up girls. think gary coleman with smaller cheeks taller and better built with a little extra padding.

I am 'You' andn i don't know really how to get a girlfriend, i've asked a few girls out but they've just shrugged me off playfully and politely i honestly don't understand what is going on because they show an interest then back track in an acceptable way; "Sorry my mum said no kinda thing".
    E.g This girl asked me out and i said "could spoil our friendship" she was kinda cute and as our friendship grew it got tothe stage where i asked her out she said yes, but then backtracked saying her dad wouldn't have it. Barely a month later she was dating another guy.

I've honestly tried everything and am now not even sure about the basics.
    1. where to meets girlfriends
    2.how to chat them up
    3. whether a date means you're going out and how to define dating against relationships.
    4.Why i have been unsuccessful up till now.

Thanks and sorry for the long post. :eek3:
    1. meet them at clubs, college/uni, groups...wherever!
    2. Dont chat them up....speak to them as they are a human, not as a potential girlfriend, you'll cope better judging by the low confidence
    3. A date is not a relationship, but its a start. Not every meeting is technically classed as a date.
    4. You have been unsuccessful because your not confident and you're over thinking it. When you meet a girl you like, get to know them a bit then suggest a cinema/bowling/coffee/night out trip and see where it goes. But stop thinking as much and just be yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Make more friends, then your dating pool increases. Be friends with women, and they set you up with other women!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowe1992)
    2. Dont chat them up....speak to them as they are a human, not as a potential girlfriend, you'll cope better judging by the low confidence
    ****, this! There is nothing more off-putting than a guy who's blatently trying to chat you up. And if you're not attracted it's just irritating and awkward; just chatting normally is SO much nicer, even if you are attracted to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farawayheartbeat)
    ****, this! There is nothing more off-putting than a guy who's blatently trying to chat you up. And if you're not attracted it's just irritating and awkward; just chatting normally is SO much nicer, even if you are attracted to him.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    thats what i said :s

Dont chat them up...speak to them normally, are you sure you can read ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    :yep:
    Have you read what i put?
    You're right to agree with her but i said the exact same thing!

ReputationRep:
    Have you read what i put?
    You're right to agree with her but i said the exact same thing!
    Yeah, more-or-less the same as you stated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Yeah, more-or-less the same as you stated.
    Thank you

New member ay? Whats ya name?

ReputationRep:
    thats what i said :s

Dont chat them up...speak to them normally, are you sure you can read ?
    what? I was agreeing with you, and then elaborating because it's from a girls POV with experience of it happening instead of just guys' advise..? Don't see the problem..

ReputationRep:
    what? I was agreeing with you, and then elaborating because it's from a girls POV with experience of it happening instead of just guys' advise..? Don't see the problem..
    You said **** this?

ReputationRep:
    You said **** this?
    Just replace the **** with 'Yeah' and you'll see what she ment.

ReputationRep:
    You said **** this?
    Ahh, 'fraid you misunderstood me, sorry - "this" just means, 'i agree with this' - like, rather than typing sometthing out again, you just say "this!" I put **** first to emphasise because I agreed with it so much, haha. Notice the little ,

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Dont know enough about you or how you behave towards girls. sorry. But i think i can understand what your going through
    I'm more or less friendly but i find it difficult to approach a girl say at a party e.t.c just to talk. I don't reli 'chat up' girls so to speak more befriend them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of the whole chatting-up scenario tbh. It'd be better just casually meeting and a conversation emerging.

ReputationRep:
    You only live once.. ebrace that cuddly-teddybearness of yours and show em what you're made of ..

'Coz even a naked molrat could be sexy with a bit of a swagger!:eek:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.