Turn on thread page Beta

To catch a slug watch

ReputationRep:
    Judging by the slime trails, I've got a slug or two in my room, and they're hiding out under my bed. Can't be arsed moving the bed, and they only seem to emerge under cover of darkness, so what would be the best/most creative way of luring them out and killing them?

ReputationRep:
    just use a torch to find them under your bed and put a bit of salt on them; salt rapes them. seriously. :p:

edit: actually you may need more than just a bit haha

ReputationRep:
    Gunfire.
    Or surround the perimeter of your bed with Lo-Salt.

ReputationRep:
    SALT! It would leave a pretty gooey mess kind of everywhere but it's so worth it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Slugs in your room?

ReputationRep:
    I would say put down a perimeter of salt around your bed with a piece of lettuce just beyond it.

Or wait until they come out and draw a big thick box of salt around them and let the lulz ensue.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I already know what salted slug looks like...

My bed's one of those box ones, you can't really look underneath it.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the thread title made me laugh.

I wouldn't sprinkle salt on them unless you want a gooey pile of dead slug under your bed. This will be even worse if you have a carpet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Slugs in your room?
    This... like ew wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Don't kill them. Catch them and release them into your garden or something..

ReputationRep:
    I reiterate:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Slugs in your room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This... like ew wtf?
    Well I didn't exactly invite them in...

I was hoping this'd be some sort of play on 'To catch a predator' but i was sorely disappointed

ReputationRep:
    The pyro in me wants to suggest aerosol and a lighter but this is probably not recommended as you have a carpet......:evil:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway OP, have a mug/jar/cup of beer in your room on the floor. The little sluggies are attracted to it, they slime up the jar, slime inside and drown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    The pyro in me wants to suggest aerosol and a lighter but this is probably not recommended as you have a carpet......:evil:
    Maybe once I've caught them and kindly released them into the garden... but how to catch them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Maybe once I've caught them and kindly released them into the garden... but how to catch them?
    http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/biosi/staffinfo/wocs2.html

Night Time by Torch Light

This method of slug extermination is strictly for the non-squeamish. Fix a hat pin, or similar needle-like item, to a stick, binding it tightly with string. Then simply go round the garden spearing your slugs like the man collecting litter in the park. The slugs can be transferred to a container of salt or boiling water to finish them off. It sounds rather horrible, but at least, if you are worried, you can be sure that in this way they have a quicker death than would be the case with any of the poisons.

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have night-vision goggles and some metaldehyde?

ReputationRep:
    Many species of ground beetles (known as carabids) will eat slugs.
    Counter-infestation!

ReputationRep:
    Slime trails? Yeah it's the slugs.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.