Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My college doesn't do January exams so I've got to do all mine in June. If I screw up exams in June do I have a chance at a re sit? Can I just re take them next January or do I only have one shot at it?

ReputationRep:
    If you do them in June and dont resit them in January you can resit them the following June.
    For C1 I did it this time last year, didnt resit in June but did this January (last week)

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's within 2 years, it's fine.

However, if you get an offer for 2010 entry and miss your offer (hence, having to resit), I believe you'll have to re-apply for 2011 entry unless they let you in with your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    As long as it's within 2 years, it's fine.

However, if you get an offer for 2010 entry and miss your offer (hence, having to resit), I believe you'll have to re-apply for 2011 entry unless they let you in with your grades.
    This is true.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As long as you achive 3 A Levels in 2 years it is fine.

You can resit AS exams in both January and June of the following year, alongside your A2 exams.

OCR has a policy that each module can only be resat twice. Edexcel and AQA may have something similar.

ReputationRep:
    If you completely screw up in June, chances are you won't be able to apply for medicine, immediately after your AS-Levels; due to the fact you won't have AAA/AAB or be predicted AAA/AAB.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Noble.)
    If you completely screw up in June, chances are you won't be able to apply for medicine, immediately after your AS-Levels; due to the fact you won't have AAA/AAB or be predicted AAA/AAB.
    Well after my jan exams, I got CCCU.

And by june got BBBD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Well after my jan exams, I got CCCU.

And by june got BBBD
    The difference being that you don't apply to University between the January exam period and the summer exam period. If his/her college cashes in at AS, she'll be forced to put the AS grades down on UCAS regardless.

ReputationRep:
    The grades you get in June have to be written down on your UCAS when you apply to uni.
    You could resit the modules in the following January, but as you wouldn't get the results until March, you'd have to declare the results you already had.

ReputationRep:
    You are allowed to redo them in June y13... but you will have to apply with them on your UCAS. I had a C in chemistry when I applied and it put me at a MASSIVE disadvantage even though I got 90%+ in y13. Try your hardest not to have to because your application will suffer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    The grades you get in June have to be written down on your UCAS when you apply to uni.
    You could resit the modules in the following January, but as you wouldn't get the results until March, you'd have to declare the results you already had.
    This isnt true at all. You only have to do that if your grades have been 'cashed in' by the school in which case you should have a certificate with the grade on from the exam board but you will have got that recently probably.
    At my school they dont cash them in and you can put pending down on your UCAS, as far as the universities are aware you could be sitting all of the modules in year 13, this is perfectly acceptable. On my UCAS my 3 A2 levels were put down as pending as none of them were cashed in, it was fine and there were no issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    This isnt true at all. You only have to do that if your grades have been 'cashed in' by the school in which case you should have a certificate with the grade on from the exam board but you will have got that recently probably.
    At my school they dont cash them in and you can put pending down on your UCAS, as far as the universities are aware you could be sitting all of the modules in year 13, this is perfectly acceptable. On my UCAS my 3 A2 levels were put down as pending as none of them were cashed in, it was fine and there were no issues.
    Our college told us we had to declare our modular grades when we applied. I hope it's not true!

ReputationRep:
    Our college told us we had to declare our modular grades when we applied. I hope it's not true!
    Your college might have certified them then, I know at my college I got told to put them all as pending so I can do resits and it doesnt look badly.

ReputationRep:
    We had to put them on ours too... our school wouldn't allow us to sent off applications with them on! Although you don't actually have to, you can leave it pending, some schools make you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    As long as you achive 3 A Levels in 2 years it is fine.

You can resit AS exams in both January and June of the following year, alongside your A2 exams.

OCR has a policy that each module can only be resat twice. Edexcel and AQA may have something similar.
    Oh I didn't know they had policies, thank you for telling me (:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.