Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to LSE,Warwick,Manchester,Nottingha m and City.
    So do I have to apply to foundation courses in the same way as the above(through UCAS, before 15th Jan), or after june if I dont get in any...?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the foundation courses in those unis, but the one that I'm applying for at UCL requires its own separate application form. I could not find it listed on UCAS. I'm fairly sure it only caters to international students, though.

Also, it's worth noting that the deadline has been extended from January 15th to the 22nd.

I can't answer the last part of your question since I too don't know if one can apply to foundation courses at the same time as applying for general admission through UCAS. I'd be interested in a reply from someone who does know, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student so the deadline probably doesnt apply for me and besides the foundation is a back-up thing unless I get into Warwick's.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you an international student from, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in Dubai.Need to get in a decent uni otherwise parents might force me to stay here for a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjb13)
    I've applied to LSE,Warwick,Manchester,Nottingha m and City.
    So do I have to apply to foundation courses in the same way as the above(through UCAS, before 15th Jan), or after june if I dont get in any...?
    I am studying an FdA in Journalism at Lincoln in September. I applied the same as everyone else, through UCAS. It is the same process as the BA's despite some being in partnership with other Uni's and colleges. If you cannot find the information on your choice's website; just contact them.

ReputationRep:
    I already applied to my 5.So basically I cant apply to foundation as a back up...like in June?
    I know Warwick has a fd, so will they make me an offer for it on their own if they dont want me first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjb13)
    I already applied to my 5.So basically I cant apply to foundation as a back up...like in June?
    I know Warwick has a fd, so will they make me an offer for it on their own if they dont want me first year?
    No, you can't have an official backup like that as you can only make one application (5 choices) per application cycle. However, come the summer should you fail to meet the requirements of your offer then some universities will offer you the foundation course as an alternative if your grades meet the requirements for that course.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.