Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I keep on having loads and loads of dreams and nightmares, each one I can remember vividly. My dreams are not so much as 'happy' dreams, they are just kinda eccentric, like I had one where a fat bald man holding a shaving foam lid :confused: managed to fit through a small gap in a fence, and my boyfriend was wearing an indian headdress.

But then I have horrible nightmares, some reliving my grandmas death from cancer, and watching my mum crying and screaming 'don't leave me'.

I also just woke up now from a nightmare, where me and 2 friends were at this local fish and chip shop and these guys held knives to our throats and we called for help and as soon as someone came to the front they acted normal, so we went outside and my friends just left me so I tried walking home fast, and this big wide eyed pale dirty man leans over my shoulder and breathes in my ear ''where do you think you're going hmm'' and held a knife to my throat, and then he took his fist and put a knife through it several times and it did nothing :confused: He was then like, you are NEXT and went to stab me and then I woke up

What does this all mean! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

I once had a dream where I was spiderman but my web ran out and I started falling and then I woke up. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Nothing.

I once had a dream where I was spiderman but my web ran out and I started falling and then I woke up. :dontknow:
    I dreamt I was Spiderman the other night! Although that part was pretty brief. It was after zombies had taken over, I had to look after my little sister so we hid in the bed. Then we picked a house that had a roof garden (so they couldn't see it and know where we were) and a door that wasn't on the street front. I needed supplies, so abruptly I was Spiderman and webbed down to the shops over the zombies heads. ^_^

On topic though... The nightmares you're having about actual events; the times (your grandma dying, bad fight with your mum?) sound very stressful, and it's not really surprising you'd have bad dreams about those. When I'm stressed, I tend to have batches of bad dreams too, so the unrelated ones are probably just because you're stressed.

Try not to worry about them or you might get into a vicious spiral! Just remember, they're only dreams (I know that can be hard when they're really bad, I've had a few wake-me-up-screaming ones...). They'll go away eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I keep on having loads and loads of dreams and nightmares, each one I can remember vividly. My dreams are not so much as 'happy' dreams, they are just kinda eccentric, like I had one where a fat bald man holding a shaving foam lid :confused: managed to fit through a small gap in a fence, and my boyfriend was wearing an indian headdress.

But then I have horrible nightmares, some reliving my grandmas death from cancer, and watching my mum crying and screaming 'don't leave me'.

I also just woke up now from a nightmare, where me and 2 friends were at this local fish and chip shop and these guys held knives to our throats and we called for help and as soon as someone came to the front they acted normal, so we went outside and my friends just left me so I tried walking home fast, and this big wide eyed pale dirty man leans over my shoulder and breathes in my ear ''where do you think you're going hmm'' and held a knife to my throat, and then he took his fist and put a knife through it several times and it did nothing :confused: He was then like, you are NEXT and went to stab me and then I woke up

Weirdly I had the same problems straight after going on the pill. Ad I keep having this reoccurring one where there's a group of men holding people hostage and they'll let them go if they can carve something in my back without me screaming. Or the other night I dreamt that this little kid that had come over to our house for some reason was actually the devil and we had to kill it, and the night beofre that I dreamt that there was a genocide and the killers caught my brother and I and played thsi game of hide and seek with all the prisoners where the first five to be caught would be shot, so I had to let myself be caught so that my brother wouldn't die. Baaaaaaaaaaad times

ReputationRep:
    I think dreams don't mean anything. Or at least I want to believe they don't xD I also keep on having loads of nightmares. Once, I dreamt that I killed a man and it was absolutely horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)

Bahahah sorry but your nightmares are a good read.

ReputationRep:
    I dream almost every night. Sometimes I can remember what it is about, and othertimes, nothing. I don't know what the exact meaning of the content, but do know that too much dream means you've got sleeping problems.

ReputationRep:
    Dreams DO mean something, but not in the way we have heard. If you keep having bad nightmares constantly, it does tell something about your life situation or your mental health. There might be something stressful going on in your life, especially if you see a lot of dreams where you get killed or "you don't make it" or if you are on the edge of dying or running away from something. You should find out what this stress actually is and how you could cope with your stress in daily life, so you don't have to go on about it all night.

Also, if you have a constant theme in your dreams that does not seem to go away, it might be something that you have not resolved in you daily life properly. Dreams are formed of our daily thoughts and things like hormones (and stress hormones especially!) effect our sleeping and surely the dreams we see. I do not believe in some kind of crazy "dream meaning"-things, but having nightmares does tell something might be stressing the individual.

Good luck with your dreams.

ReputationRep:
    ever since my dad died i get nuthin but nightmares :/

ReputationRep:
    Last night I dreamt that I hurt my index finger and the needed to amputate it. I just kept screaming for them not to take it as I'm right handed.

I woke up soooo happy to see my fingers intact...

I usually dream if I am ill or taken some sort of stimulant.

ReputationRep:
    Last night I dreamt I had to have sex with cheryl cole, it was horrible

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Other than the well known fact of not having cheese before you go to bed (cheese makes you dream apparently, not just nightmares), I find that when the heating is on in my room, I tend to dream more...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.