Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

WJEC [C3/FP1] 20 Jan/1 Feb 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have this exam in a couple days time? Anyone looking forward to it or feeling a bit nervous? I think it should be fine if you've done enough revision but they always have the habit of putting something you're not quite expecting into the papers and it can be a bit more difficult as a result :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of looking forward to it and nervous at the same time. I know a lot of the stuff, but there are some things that would really catch me out if they came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talking_Head)
    I'm sort of looking forward to it and nervous at the same time. I know a lot of the stuff, but there are some things that would really catch me out if they came up.
    I feel the same way. A few things I need to remember is the transformations of graphs, what to do if a question on stationary points comes up and questions where you may have to take natural logarithms of both sides.
    Good luck to you, I might post the paper up after the exam for anyone who wants to see it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It was a nice paper! Much easier than the past papers I've done from last year.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, quite easy. No 'tricks'.

1. 0.984, I think
    2. tanx = 4, -1/3 or something like that.
    3. Differentiating and stuff.
    4. The iteration one? Got x4 = 0.22202 or something. Didn't think it was right but my method is.
    a)3/(1+9x^2)
    b) (4x -3)/(2x^2 - 3x + 4) or something
    c) e^2x(2sinx + cosx) I think
    d) 2sinx/(1+cosx)^2 I think
    6. All the integration. Can't remember questions.
    b) root2/2, I think.
    7. Modulus questions.
    a) x = 4, x = -6, I think.
    b) x >= 2.2, x =< 1
    8. This was the y = f(x), y = 2f(x) - 3 question I think. Intersections at 1 and -1. y tends to 0 and infinity for the first, and -3 and infinity for the second.
    9. Can't remember the functions and stuff, but the graph was 4x^2 + 3, for x > 1/2, and then f-1(x) was the reflection in the x axis.
    10. Something like (8, infinity) or something. gf(1) isn't defined as f(1) = 0, x = 0 isn't in the domain of g.

Well those were my solutions anyway. What I can remember I mean!

(Original post by AnonyMatt)

1. 0.984, I think
    2. tanx = 4, -1/3 or something like that.
    4. The iteration one? Got x4 = 0.22202 or something. Didn't think it was right but my method is.
    a)3/(1+9x^2)
    b) (4x -3)/(2x^2 - 3x + 4) or something
    c) e^2x(2sinx + cosx) I think
    d) 2sinx/(1+cosx)^2 I think
    b) root2/2, I think.
    7. Modulus questions.
    b) x >= 2.2, x =< 1
    8. This was the y = f(x), y = 2f(x) - 3 question I think. Intersections at 1 and -1. y tends to 0 and infinity for the first, and -3 and infinity for the second.
    9. Can't remember the functions and stuff, but the graph was 4x^2 + 3, for x > 1/2, and then f-1(x) was the reflection in the x axis.
    10. Something like (8, infinity) or something. gf(1) isn't defined as f(1) = 0, x = 0 isn't in the domain of g.

Uve aced it pal, i have pretty much the same answrs as u except for the recuurange relation i forgot to put it in radians :L and for my f-1(x) graph i completly forgot to do the limits lol, so just had the graphs going to infinity

worked out tho i should get 70/75 so Solid A ,mayyybe A* :O

Uve defo got the A* mate, nice one!

All in all , fairly "nicee" paper XD

ReputationRep:

1. 0.984, I think It's right
    2. tanx = 4, -1/3 or something like that. That's right as well
    4. The iteration one? Got x4 = 0.22202 or something. Didn't think it was right but my method is. Right again
    a)3/(1+9x^2) Yep
    b) (4x -3)/(2x^2 - 3x + 4) or something Yep
    c) e^2x(2sinx + cosx) I think Yep
    d) 2sinx/(1+cosx)^2 I think Right
    b) root2/2, I think.
    7. Modulus questions.
    b) x >= 2.2, x =< 1 That's right
    8. This was the y = f(x), y = 2f(x) - 3 question I think. Intersections at 1 and -1. y tends to 0 and infinity for the first, and -3 and infinity for the second. Right
    9. Can't remember the functions and stuff, but the graph was 4x^2 + 3, for x > 1/2, and then f-1(x) was the reflection in the x axis. Right

It's pretty clear that you did really well! Definitely 90% or above for that I think

one thing is that root2/2 can be written as 1/root2, but I don't think they would penalise for that!

I lost marks on parametric - I don't know how but I did, took an extra t out for some reason. I forgot to simplify e^2x sinx although the answer was technically correct - I lost a mark on the modulus question for only putting x = 4 and not -6 as well, I put a wrong point of y-intersection with the graph on question 8, I found the inverse question wrongly putting (2x)^2 = 2x^2 not 4x^2, question 10 though was this:

The functions f and g have domains (0,inf) and (2,inf) respectively and are defined by

f(x) = x^2 - 1
    g(x) = 2x - 1

a] write down the ranges of f and g.

range of f = (-1 , inf)
    range of g = (3, inf)

b] give the reason why gf(1) cannot be formed.

Because 1 is not in the domain of g.

c] find a simplified expression for fg(x)

= 4x^2 - 4x

d] state the domain and range of fg.

domain = (2, inf)
    range = (8, inf)

I think most of that is wrong though. I have no idea :no:

(Original post by Natt_105)
    It's pretty clear that you did really well! Definitely 90% or above for that I think

one thing is that root2/2 can be written as 1/root2, but I don't think they would penalise for that!

I lost marks on parametric - I don't know how but I did, took an extra t out for some reason. I forgot to simplify e^2x sinx although the answer was technically correct - I lost a mark on the modulus question for only putting x = 4 and not -6 as well, I put a wrong point of y-intersection with the graph on question 8, I found the inverse question wrongly putting (2x)^2 = 2x^2 not 4x^2, question 10 though was this:

The functions f and g have domains (0,inf) and (2,inf) respectively and are defined by

f(x) = x^2 - 1
    g(x) = 2x - 1

range of f = (-1 , inf)
    range of g = (3, inf)

= 4x^2 - 4x

domain = (2, inf)
    range = (8, inf)

@Natt Nah ur functions are right mate
    @AnnoyMatt - I jsut realised that ur modulus is wrong, its +- 4, not 4 and -6 XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boodeny)
    @AnnoyMatt - I jsut realised that ur modulus is wrong, its +- 4, not 4 and -6 XD
    My answer was plus and minus four, but I think I'm wrong and reckon AnonyMatt has is right for the functions as well.

I typed the questions into this thing here: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...e&equal=Submit and if you say "inverse of this" or put in a modulus equation/inequation then it'll give the answers. If you've got the paper and feel as if you want to check something, give it a go That's how I know I got the right answer to the Simpson's rule question

I would like my answer to be right but that says that it isn't and to be honest, I'm not very good at arguing against machines :yep:

My answer was plus and minus four, but I think I'm wrong and reckon AnonyMatt has is right for the functions as well.

I typed the questions into this thing here: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...e&equal=Submit and if you say "inverse of this" or put in a modulus equation/inequation then it'll give the answers. If you've got the paper and feel as if you want to check something, give it a go That's how I know I got the right answer to the Simpson's rule question

I would like my answer to be right but that says that it isn't and to be honest, I'm not very good at arguing against machines :yep:

kk ill get my paper now and post my answers (if i didnt leave it in school haha)

1) 0.984

2)
    a) false
    b) 18.4,198.4,104.0,284.0

3)
    a) -8/19
    b) (i) 2t +t^4 (ii) (1+2t^3)/3t

4) 0.20035 (this is wrong as i forgot to put calculator in radian, but workings are correct so should only lose 1-2 marks)

5)
    a) 3/(1+9x^2)
    b) (4x-3)/(2x^2-3x+4)
    c) 2e^2xsinx + e^2xcosx ( didnt simplify any further so probs lose 1 mark )
    d) 2sinx/(1+cosx)^2

6)
    a)
    (i) 1/4 ln |4x-7| + c
    (ii) 1/3 e^3x-1 + c
    (iii) -5 / 6(2x+3)^3 + c
    b) root2 / 2 ( i have been told by my teacher u do not need to simplify any further )

7)
    a) +4 and -4
    b) x >or= 11/5 and x<or= 1

8) cba to draw it lol but just y = e^x, then double y values. then move it down 3 ?

9)
    a) 4x^2 + 3 , range [4,inf) domain [0.5,inf)
    b) think i did this write but missed teh vital ingredient! forgot the limits! so lose 2 marks there probably

10)
    a) range f (-1,inf) , range g (3,inf)
    b) obvious
    c)
    (i)4x(x-1)
    (ii) domain(2,inf) range(8,inf)

ReputationRep:

f(x) = x^2 - 1
    g(x) = 2x - 1

range of f = (-1 , inf)
    range of g = (3, inf)

= 4x^2 - 4x

domain = (2, inf)
    range = (8, inf)

Your functions are fine. Not sure if you'll lose a mark for not simplifying 2x^2 - 4x to 4x(x-1) though. I doubt it. It didn't say simplify as far as possible, and the way you wrote it looks much better than (2x-1)^2 - 1 anyway!

I don't think 1/root2 is a simplified version of root2/2 though. Rationlising the denominator and all that. Plus I didn't even realise. My calculator gives me it in that form. I don't trust myself to do the trigonometric integration questions without a calculator even though I know my values for 30, 45, 60, 90 and stuff.

Can you please type out the modulus question(s)? I wanna know why people keep saying x = -4. Perhaps it was the way they did the question, but I don't think it's a correct solution. I know some people square both sides to do those questions, but I'm all, honey, please, keep it simple.

I don't understand. How can x = -4?
    I can't remember the question.
    What I remember was that |x + 1| = 5, wasn't it?

kk ill get my paper now and post my answers (if i didnt leave it in school haha)

2)
    b) 18.4,198.4,104.0,284.0

3)
    a) -8/19
    b) (i) 2t +t^4 (ii) (1+2t^3)/3t

4) 0.20035 (this is wrong as i forgot to put calculator in radian, but workings are correct so should only lose 1-2 marks)

6)
    b) root2 / 2 ( i have been told by my teacher u do not need to simplify any further )

7)
    a) +4 and -4

9)
    a) 4x^2 + 3 , range [4,inf) domain [0.5,inf)
    b) think i did this write but missed teh vital ingredient! forgot the limits! so lose 2 marks there probably

I didn't get those answers for 2b. I got something like 76.0 degrees, and -14.something degrees, which gave me 4 values in the 0-360 range.

I got that for 3a), but only after checking! I first differentiated the 2x^3y term to 3x^2y. :eek: Shocker. Fixed it though.

For 3b, I'm not sure I got those answers.

For my recurrence relation, I think I did mine wrong. My calculator is always an ******* to me anyway.

I think root2/2 is a better form because the denominator has been rationalised...

I don't see how x = -4 for the modulus thing. Does anyone have the actual question?

For 9 did you draw 4x^2 + 3, like, a U on the graph? I did too, but then I scribbled out one side and wrote the co-ordinates of the starting point, with loads of arrows pointing to it saying it starts there, and to ignore the other bit. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Based on the answers you all seem to have I think I did pretty well on this as I had a lot of the same. This exam went a lot better than I thought it would. I buggered up 3bii though.

Your functions are fine. Not sure if you'll lose a mark for not simplifying 2x^2 - 4x to 4x(x-1) though. I doubt it. It didn't say simplify as far as possible, and the way you wrote it looks much better than (2x-1)^2 - 1 anyway!

I don't think 1/root2 is a simplified version of root2/2 though. Rationlising the denominator and all that. Plus I didn't even realise. My calculator gives me it in that form. I don't trust myself to do the trigonometric integration questions without a calculator even though I know my values for 30, 45, 60, 90 and stuff.

Can you please type out the modulus question(s)? I wanna know why people keep saying x = -4. Perhaps it was the way they did the question, but I don't think it's a correct solution. I know some people square both sides to do those questions, but I'm all, honey, please, keep it simple.

I don't understand. How can x = -4?
    I can't remember the question.
    What I remember was that |x + 1| = 5, wasn't it?

I didn't get those answers for 2b. I got something like 76.0 degrees, and -14.something degrees, which gave me 4 values in the 0-360 range.

I got that for 3a), but only after checking! I first differentiated the 2x^3y term to 3x^2y. :eek: Shocker. Fixed it though.

For 3b, I'm not sure I got those answers.

For my recurrence relation, I think I did mine wrong. My calculator is always an ******* to me anyway.

I think root2/2 is a better form because the denominator has been rationalised...

I don't see how x = -4 for the modulus thing. Does anyone have the actual question?

For 9 did you draw 4x^2 + 3, like, a U on the graph? I did too, but then I scribbled out one side and wrote the co-ordinates of the starting point, with loads of arrows pointing to it saying it starts there, and to ignore the other bit. :p:

for the angles nearly everyone in my school got same asnwers as me if u calcutor is always in radians then it needs to be in degrees for this q

for modlus q , if x = -4 , then the +1 changes to -1 i think so it wud be modulus of -5 which is 5 =/

for 9) for f-1(x) u draw e^x graph, which is a graph u just have to remember, then flip it in y=x to give f(x)
    *but then u have to rub out areas of the graph taht do not satisfy the domains/ranges etc* <<<< last bit i forgot

ReputationRep:
    for the angles nearly everyone in my school got same asnwers as me if u calcutor is always in radians then it needs to be in degrees for this q

for modlus q , if x = -4 , then the +1 changes to -1 i think so it wud be modulus of -5 which is 5 =/

for 9) for f-1(x) u draw e^x graph, which is a graph u just have to remember, then flip it in y=x to give f(x)
    *but then u have to rub out areas of the graph taht do not satisfy the domains/ranges etc* <<<< last bit i forgot
    Oh for **** sake I probably did my quadratic wrong again.
    Last year when I did C3 I somehow turned my quadratic into a linear equation.

Right. It was 3csc^2x = 7 - 11tanx
    3(tan^2x + 1) = 7 - 11tanx
    3y^2 + 11y - 4 = 0
    (3y + 1)(y - 4) = 0

tanx = 4, -1/3
    x = 76.0, -18.4...
    Oh for God's sake I swear I wrote 14 degrees not 18 in the exam...

Anyway
    x = 76.0, 161.6, 256.0, 341.6

How come the +1 goes to -1 is x = -4? I don't think that's right.
    How did you get your solutions for the modulus question?

For 9, f(x) was not e^x!
    You had to draw 4x^2 + 3, for x > 1/2
    Then reflected in y = x this is the sqrt graph, for x > 4

ReputationRep:
    OMG. I used the quadratic formula for this question and I said x = b +-...

b!!!!
    Not -b...
    b!!!

GOD DAMN.

Ugh. I realised when I saw that I have x = -18, and you have x = +18.

Yeah mine is wrong.

GOD DAMN

I HAVE FAILED THIS EXAM D:
    (by TSR standards)

b!!!!
    Not -b...
    b!!!

GOD DAMN.

Yeah mine is wrong.

GOD DAMN

(by TSR standards)

Ye sorry for the e^x graph i was thinkin of wrong question i was thinkin of 8 ? only a couple of marks tho ull probsstill getthe A

ReputationRep:

b!!!!
    Not -b...
    b!!!

GOD DAMN.

Yeah mine is wrong.

GOD DAMN

(by TSR standards)
    The modulus question was 2|x+1| - 3 = 7, I believe, along those lines anyway. Only two marks, I think despite all of the varied answers here we've all obtained one mark at least

This is how I did it:

2|x+1| = 10
    |x+1|= 5
    x = +-4

I did the above without really thinking, because the past paper questions of this type usually have this kind of answer. In all honesty though, I think if anyone had 4 and -6 then that's right - remember that |5| = 5 and |-5| = 5, so +- 4 would give |5|... and |-3|, which would be 3, which from my perspective is a little bit wrong!

OR: take the 1 out to get |x| = 4, and then you get the + and - 4. If we're lucky, on the markscheme it may say "special case for those who did this" but that's a big "if."

I share your frustration though! On the surface - no trick questions. No way of slipping up. Look at it again, and it's surprising how these things always have their way of screwing the people who take these exams. That's why they are repeated on an almost idential basis from year to year - not because people don't learn, it's more to do with the strange numerical dyslexia that people like me seem to pick up during exam periods - but if it wasn't in an actual exam, I bet all of us would have closer to 100%!

I want another stab at this exam, I really do. But remember that you don't need 80% of raw marks to get an A, it's actually a little less (depending on how everyone else has managed, it could be significantly less) but that's just playing a figures game with it. Still, it's 180/200 over C3 and C4 for an A* and it helps to get as high a mark as possible on C3 to go towards it - If I have anything under 90% I know it sounds ridiculous, but I might contemplate resitting it :eek3:

All of the foolish errors will also return in FP1 in a week or two, there's so much stuff I don't know on there and it is going to take a miracle to get through it in time! It's twice as hard as what we did today in my opinion and there seems to be twice as much of everything!

ReputationRep:
    The modulus question was 2|x+1| - 3 = 7, I believe, along those lines anyway. Only two marks, I think despite all of the varied answers here we've all obtained one mark at least

This is how I did it:

2|x+1| = 10
    |x+1|= 5
    x = +-4

I did the above without really thinking, because the past paper questions of this type usually have this kind of answer. In all honesty though, I think if anyone had 4 and -6 then that's right - remember that |5| = 5 and |-5| = 5, so +- 4 would give |5|... and |-3|, which would be 3, which from my perspective is a little bit wrong!

OR: take the 1 out to get |x| = 4, and then you get the + and - 4. If we're lucky, on the markscheme it may say "special case for those who did this" but that's a big "if."

I share your frustration though! On the surface - no trick questions. No way of slipping up. Look at it again, and it's surprising how these things always have their way of screwing the people who take these exams. That's why they are repeated on an almost idential basis from year to year - not because people don't learn, it's more to do with the strange numerical dyslexia that people like me seem to pick up during exam periods - but if it wasn't in an actual exam, I bet all of us would have closer to 100%!

I want another stab at this exam, I really do. But remember that you don't need 80% of raw marks to get an A, it's actually a little less (depending on how everyone else has managed, it could be significantly less) but that's just playing a figures game with it. Still, it's 180/200 over C3 and C4 for an A* and it helps to get as high a mark as possible on C3 to go towards it - If I have anything under 90% I know it sounds ridiculous, but I might contemplate resitting it :eek3:

All of the foolish errors will also return in FP1 in a week or two, there's so much stuff I don't know on there and it is going to take a miracle to get through it in time! It's twice as hard as what we did today in my opinion and there seems to be twice as much of everything!
    So people said:
    |x+1| = 4
    |x| = 4

Well that's wrong. :confused:
    I'll just say I'm right and sleep tight tonight.
    That must have been a super omega rhyme, 'cause it rhymed at 'tight' and then I said 'tonight' too. Wow!

I get the numerical dyslexia too. :p:

Are you doing further maths, or 'pure maths'?
    I feel bad for the people doing 'pure maths', because they need 270/300 on C4, FP1 and FP2. :eek:
    I'm hoping to get that anyway, for an A* in further maths, but still, for just a single maths A level that requirement is a little hard!

I don't know what I'll do if I get less than 90. I had 77 last time so I had to resit for an A*. The thing is, with WJEC, C3 is really, really easy. C4 is the hard one. For other boards they kind of even out. I don't expect to get much more than 90 max. on C4, so I need to 'counterbalance' it with 90+ on C3!

So you're doing FP1 in February? You'd better post your answers.
    I'm still not too hot on it. My algebra stinks. I can do it, I just make mistakes.
    I've got my proof by induction down to an art though. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    So people said:
    |x+1| = 4
    |x| = 4

Well that's wrong. :confused:
    I'll just say I'm right and sleep tight tonight.
    That must have been a super omega rhyme, 'cause it rhymed at 'tight' and then I said 'tonight' too. Wow!

I get the numerical dyslexia too. :p:

Are you doing further maths, or 'pure maths'?
    I feel bad for the people doing 'pure maths', because they need 270/300 on C4, FP1 and FP2. :eek:
    I'm hoping to get that anyway, for an A* in further maths, but still, for just a single maths A level that requirement is a little hard!

I don't know what I'll do if I get less than 90. I had 77 last time so I had to resit for an A*. The thing is, with WJEC, C3 is really, really easy. C4 is the hard one. For other boards they kind of even out. I don't expect to get much more than 90 max. on C4, so I need to 'counterbalance' it with 90+ on C3!

So you're doing FP1 in February? You'd better post your answers.
    I'm still not too hot on it. My algebra stinks. I can do it, I just make mistakes.
    I've got my proof by induction down to an art though. :woo:
    I am doing AS further maths - FP1, 2 and 3, with M1 being the other module in A2 maths. That's waiting until the summer though.

I find what I know of C4 to be rather easy (so far - although it takes a bit of time to understand)
    Vectors is easy, volumes of rev. is easy, partial fractions are easy, all of the integration is much easier than it looks (but not until you really get it), the implicit stuff is simple.
    What I find hard is the parametric which looks harder than on C3 - and I can't manage that on a good day either! Same goes for differential equations, binomial series and the trigonometry. But in fairness, I haven't done any of that yet and if all that's the same difficulty as the rest of it, should be fine
    However, I agree that it's a marked step up from C3, and by a long shot. Needs a lot lot more thinking put into it.

So does FP1. I admire anyone who can do proof by induction well, I get what it is and what you need to do but some of the questions on the exam papers take the piss! This time they'll probably ask us to prove something like the binomial theorem or something with a matrix if they feel evil. If it's a divisibility question though it will be a gift. They are as easy as induction gets and there hasn't been a question on that for a bit so here's hoping

I can do summation, first principles, inverse matrices, reduction to echelon form, the weird polynomial questions, complex numbers, loci in argand diagrams. I can't do logarithmic differentiation by the standards they want, I need to brush up on induction a bit more and for the life of me, I can't understand transformations. I just don't get it at all, I've got all the papers and mark schemes and it makes no sense to me. Have you got any idea what it is?

Plenty of time before that though. I think FP1 is slightly harder than what I've seen of C4 so it's going to be a real test in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing AS further maths - FP1, 2 and 3, with M1 being the other module in A2 maths. That's waiting until the summer though.

I find what I know of C4 to be rather easy (so far - although it takes a bit of time to understand)
    Vectors is easy, volumes of rev. is easy, partial fractions are easy, all of the integration is much easier than it looks (but not until you really get it), the implicit stuff is simple.
    What I find hard is the parametric which looks harder than on C3 - and I can't manage that on a good day either! Same goes for differential equations, binomial series and the trigonometry. But in fairness, I haven't done any of that yet and if all that's the same difficulty as the rest of it, should be fine
    However, I agree that it's a marked step up from C3, and by a long shot. Needs a lot lot more thinking put into it.

So does FP1. I admire anyone who can do proof by induction well, I get what it is and what you need to do but some of the questions on the exam papers take the piss! This time they'll probably ask us to prove something like the binomial theorem or something with a matrix if they feel evil. If it's a divisibility question though it will be a gift. They are as easy as induction gets and there hasn't been a question on that for a bit so here's hoping

I can do summation, first principles, inverse matrices, reduction to echelon form, the weird polynomial questions, complex numbers, loci in argand diagrams. I can't do logarithmic differentiation by the standards they want, I need to brush up on induction a bit more and for the life of me, I can't understand transformations. I just don't get it at all, I've got all the papers and mark schemes and it makes no sense to me. Have you got any idea what it is?

Plenty of time before that though. I think FP1 is slightly harder than what I've seen of C4 so it's going to be a real test in my opinion.
    Do you have M1 on Monday then? Or will you not do that until the Summer?
    I think it's pretty easy. No differentiation or integration like there was in S1, not that we have any problems with that now that we've done C3 and beyond!
    The only problem I have, is that I miss key bits and because I rely on my calculator so much I often make errors when typing numbers in, and end up getting the wrong answer.
    I like M2 much more. Conservation of energy and all that, plus oppurtunities to use CALCULUS<3<3<3. :p:

I like FP1, but honestly, it's the hardest module of the lot. FP2 is far easier, with the only hard part being curve sketching. At least, I think so. I haven't looked at the spec in a while. FP3 is easy though.
    With FP1, I'm finding the following difficult:
    -Differentiation from first principles. As I said, my algebra is rubbish so it takes me ages, and I still can't get it into a form where I can say h = 0, therefore f'(x) = ...
    -Reduction to echeleon form. It takes me ages to think of a good way to get three zeros, and I make loads of mistakes getting there.
    -Loci. Again, quite alot of algebra. Need to practice it a bit more. When I 'revise' in lessons, I start a paper but because I talk I only get the first few questions done, which are all easy!
    -Transformations. I can do them, but I feel like I'm cheating because I have to use the formula book. Once I can remember the matrices we need, I'll feel better. I'm a little iffy on the reflections too, but I can follow mark schemes and see where I went wrong. I'm not finding them that bad really, just haven't done enough.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.