Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, This is my first year of the Ib, i'm just starting my second term (2 weeks in!) and we just got our assessment and target grades from last term :/ For target i had 445556 and assessment 555544...

Should i be okay with these, at the end of this all i really want/need a higher grade but is this where i should be in my first term or should i be getting higher?

Any comments in general about experiences in the first term are also welcome!

Thank you!

Mxxx

ReputationRep:
    Those scores suck. I'd just drop out now. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    So does that mean you just missed your target? Or has the target grade been set based on your current attainment?

It's just first term. Aim high and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    I got something like: 345667A.
    I'm now predicted 566777AA.

So don't worry! Just work hard, especially on your weak points (often maths)

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest aiming to improve upon the progress you've made thus far. There's no hard and fast rule to how your teachers would have assessed you, so consider the circumstances and how you could improve upon them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it! It's only your first term, you can't be expected to hit your targets after only doing about a sixth of the course! To be getting mostly fives and fours is not bad at all, just continue to work hard and you'll get the grades you want

ReputationRep:
    Work harder, 28+ bonus points won't get you anywhere, take the Alevels maybe? Easier

ReputationRep:
    what the hell? he was two weeks in and you were telling him to consider swapping? at that point of the course you arent expected to be reaching your target grades so dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    Those are good for your first term, ignore anyone else who is saying otherwise, as long as you work hard you will improve a lot!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.