Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We may all be shocked at the fact some people fail such low tests but its directly there own fault.

I received a good 20 page wod off info from RAF weeks ago as every applicant would. Showing not only the above stated requirements but step by step pictures to explain each exercise!

Just looks like some either miss used the help or plain could not be bothered. Does peev me off knowing that would have been my prtc and that applicants that kept that date lacked drive for it...

j

ReputationRep:
    that is ridiculas how they could fail that. try 60 pressups in a minute and i'm hittin level 12 on bleep test. come on people get a grip wil yas!!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by RAF_BEN0121)
    that is ridiculas how they could fail that. try 60 pressups in a minute and i'm hittin level 12 on bleep test. come on people get a grip wil yas!!!!
    Yet you can't use capital letters, punctuation or proper spelling. Can't have everything, eh?

ReputationRep:
    4 press ups and 7 sit ups and you're given a minute for each? I can do about 50 full press ups (not the sissy ones you see when people race on youtube) and at least 30 military pressups in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    Wow those standards are a joke, but then again...so are the actual fitness test standards.

ReputationRep:
    prostacker mate your starting to do my head in. Give it arrest yeah!

ReputationRep:
    ProStacker mate, you're starting to do my head in. Give it a rest yeah!
    Couldn't resist..

ReputationRep:
    Now come on. 60 press ups, you've got to be taking the urine!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    prostacker mate your starting to do my head in. Give it arrest yeah!
    If you want me to stop it, stop making my head hurt with your txt spk. Just use the language you were taught. What you are doing makes you appear stupid.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is unsure about the correct RAF standard for the sit-ups and press ups on the RAF website under 'getting fit' they actually have a video demonstrating it. at well:

Linky: http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applic...gettingfit.cfm

Click on Fitness widget. and have a browse. Its pretty good for getting started, at least in my opinion. Also handy as you can download the bleep test sound file from it too and practise with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wly)
    Now come on. 60 press ups, you've got to be taking the urine!
    straight up. I can do over 60 preesups in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    I can do about 50 full press-ups in a minute, but thats with best part of a year's training. I do as many as i can in 1 minute each day, as well as a workout on my "perfect push-up" training thing (google it and get one bought, its awsome!).

ReputationRep:
    ye i just bench most days n do pressups in between i lift 140kg on bench.

ReputationRep:
    Yet, you still don't use accurate grammar and punctuation. Me and Pro are giving you free advice here..

ReputationRep:
    ye but i don't care because what you say is old new and it is getting boring so when you come up with something new then come back and tell me ok.

ReputationRep:
    ye but i don't care because what you say is old new and it is getting boring so when you come up with something new then come back and tell me ok.
    But why do you not care? Why do you think being able to express yourself clearly and properly is so unimportant? "Come up with something new" is the sort of thing you say to poor banter, not constructive advice. If your CO kept telling you you were doing something wrong and advising you on how to make it better, would you tell him/her to come up with something new?

And what exactly is "old new"...is that some kind of down-with-the-kids expression, like "modtro" (modern and retro - I don't get it either)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ben - it makes you sound thick as mince and stops you getting your point across. Have a look around here - this corner of the internet manages to form sentences and be clearly understood. If and when you get into the RAF, you'll be expected to be able to communicate verbally and in the written form. Right now, you don't manage it.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, Ben. I lurk more than I post on these forums, but in every thread I read you are always there posting something that makes yourself look childish and stupid. I know you haven't got your dates yet but come on maybe we would have some sympathy if you didn't go on about it in every post!

To come on here claiming you are so fantastic at all the fitness requirements and basically saying the whole thing is a piece of piss just makes you sound arrogant.

And like others have mentioned your spelling and grammar is really annoying because it is just out of sheer laziness.

Rant over. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I can do formal writing but as i said before it's just a long process. I am not thick as my GCSE's and A-levels can prove.

However, all this fuss over writing in short form is just perfetic. The person that said about what would I do if a CO asked me to do; I would do it but would the CO be that concerned by minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

Any better!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ok. I can do formal writing but as i said before it's just a long process. I am not thick as my GCSE's and A-levels can prove.

However, all this fuss over writing in short form is just perfetic. The person that said about what would I do if a CO asked me to do; I would do it but would the CO be that concerned by minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

Any better!!!
    It isn't writing in 'short form'. Text speak isn't a recognized variation of the English language - it is a lazy way of getting the most out of a text message - with your thumb. I bet you are typing this on a full keyboard with a button for every letter. This isn't 'formal writing' - it is just the expected way we communicate.
    You have GCSEs and A Levels, yet you are happy to appear thick? This may be to do with me being older than you, but most everyone you'll work with will be older than you. You need to meet their expectations, not yours.
    The word is 'pathetic'. You've not shown minor spelling and grammar mistakes - you've shown txt spk which has neither spelling or grammar. Believe me, the working world doesn't do txt spk.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.