Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAF_BEN0121)
    Ok. I can do formal writing but as i said before it's just a long process. I am not thick as my GCSE's and A-levels can prove.

However, all this fuss over writing in short form is just perfetic. The person that said about what would I do if a CO asked me to do; I would do it but would the CO be that concerned by minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

Any better!!!

The word young man is PATHETIC not perfetic, and yes your CO would be concerned about minor spelling grammar mistakes as in the RAF we strive for excellence in everything we do....if you want to be fit but thick then try the Army!

It demonstrates how lazy you are when you can’t even be bothered to use the spell check which is located at the top right hand corner of the response box, in case you have never seen one before….its the box with ‘ABC and tick’ if you place your mouse over it, it will even say…..check spelling………..not exactly rocket science, but like I say, no place for lazy arsed attitudes in our Air Force.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I am not lazy you wouldn't believe what i went through to get myself fit for the RAF. When I actually come to RAF halton I will show how I can strive to be the best I can. It might just be the Internet and my age but when it comes to getting things down on paper I can. Do not accuse me of being lazy just because I made spelling mistakes. Everyone makes a mistake but I can assure you I can be positive to what your saying to me and build on it. One thing I am not and that is lazy as you will see when i get my dates and arrive at RAF Halton. Ben

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I am not lazy you wouldn't believe what i went through to get myself fit for the RAF. When I actually come to RAF halton I will show how I can strive to be the best I can. It might just be the Internet and my age but when it comes to getting things down on paper I can. Do not accuse me of being lazy just because I made spelling mistakes. Everyone makes a mistake but I can assure you I can be positive to what your saying to me and build on it. One thing I am not and that is lazy as you will see when i get my dates and arrive at RAF Halton. Ben

OK Ben, I look forward to seeing you when you get your dates, stay safe and keep working.

ReputationRep:
    See thats more of the attitude you should have! That little extra effort goes a long way!

ReputationRep:
    Inch High DI, I look forward to seeing you as well. thank you Ben

ReputationRep:
    Any one else think it looks like you thanked yourself on that last post ben!

Oh and hope you get the same dates as me... would love to give you a run for your money at the fitness side.

J

ReputationRep:
    Why not no one else would. Jarrah yeah we will push each Other see who pro veils. Just keep in touch on this post and if you get your dates just say on here. Ok Ben

ReputationRep:
    There's confidence, and then there's cocky. Make sure you don't cross that line..

ReputationRep:
    Naigan I'm not cocky I'm just dedicated to go in the RAF.

ReputationRep:
    "Why not no one else would"

That is a prime example of being cocky, talking trash about others you will be training with is certainly not dedication to the RAF, it's simply arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    Naigan! Just give it arrest now. Your judging me over the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    Give it arrest or you will be arrested!

ReputationRep:
    Ben he is taking the information that you are giving, such as the odd spelling and apparent high self confidence and judging you accordingly.

Over the internet or face to face impressions are everything so watch out pal, you never know who you may be talking to.

ReputationRep:
    Well if this is true Jarrah then all I can say is just let me have the chance to prove myself at RAF Halton. As I said right from the start I am new to this and I have changed that odd spelling mistake so I have improved myself. I do take on board what you are saying Jarrah and appreciate it; However, if someone is judging me on something that I'm relatively new to then say no more. I'll just have to push myself more at PRTC and RTC. Ben

ReputationRep:
    That time you were not being judged on your poor grammar and spelling, this time you were judged purely on your cocky attitude.

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about this thread or blog is getting out of hand. If it's not my grammar and spelling, it's my attitude. What next? The way I look. I told you how many press-ups I can do and what I have done with myself. Surely if I was looking at this from other peoples perspective then I would try and raise the bar to a next level. I don't have to keep on explaining myself anyway. As I say I'm awaiting my dates and look forward to going to RAF Halton. Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarrah)
    would love to give you a run for your money at the fitness side.

J
    Why not no one else would.
    Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    Naigan you have miss quoted there, Ben was actually referring to when i said he thanked himself and he agreed not about the run part. He wasn't trying to say no one would challenge him to a run :-)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought it was fairly obvious from the beginning that Ben was thanking Inch High DI rather than himself. From what I can see Naigan has misunderstood, and jarrah thought Ben was thanking himself (or perhaps he didn't, and was just saying it in jest. I don't know). Whatever, this is like watching Big Brother.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.