Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I did misunderstand, but based on Ben's comment to my post (with the quotes), it seems that I was correct.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you just don't like the sound of me Naigan and thought you would be little me. However you might of heard of the quote "keep your friends but keep your enemies closer". It might come in handy one day. "Don't judge a book by its cover" Ben.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Shut up the pair of you. You are both trying to score points and somehow both managing to get beaten. Naigan - be grown up. Ben - grow up. We're judging you by what you type on here - because thats all we have. If you are not happy with what we're getting from that, then only you can change it.

ReputationRep:
    Well Prostacker don't know about you but everything I write on here is wrong but I don't back down to little things. Also Prostacker "Only you can change it" - I have changed my spelling and grammar. So I don't know why Naigan is still going on.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I made that perfectly clear. As Pro has said, time to drop it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that was some good reading!

Good effort lads. Can I get in on this? My dad could beat up your dads. Oh, and I can outspell, outrun, outpush-up and outsit-up any of you; and my fitness test isn't for another 8 months!

:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Haha, that was some good reading!

Good effort lads. Can I get in on this? My dad could beat up your dads. Oh, and I can outspell, outrun, outpush-up and outsit-up any of you; and my fitness test isn't for another 8 months!

:top:
    Shall I provide the large spoon for the s**t your stirring? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha! I suppose we should drop it. Thank you for your constructive help any way. Ben

ReputationRep:
    Damn it... No grammar or spelling issues... Well done, Ben! :-)

PS. Never mind there is one, but I'll let it slide ;-)

ReputationRep:
    So anyone still waiting for dates?

ReputationRep:
    Me, applied last Feb, passed everything in September time, been told that I'll be in after April but not getting my hopes up for anything soon. :/

ReputationRep:
    Roughly the same DCRISP07. Where is your local AFCO office? Ben.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Inch High Di,

I was just wondering whether you could tell me what is the most pushups and situps you have seen a female do? This isn't for ego, just it looks like I could be in for a long wait for my dates and my training is going well. However i'd like a new target to aim for with my pushups especially. Just because it helps, you know! No worries if its secret information!

Thanks
    Debs
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafi...2735D95037.doc

Download that and read it. The Dark Blue is the level you want to aim for. Thats the highest level of the fitness test - aspirational.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, thankyou Prostacker! Do recruits get to plough on through to their best effort at prtc on each of the tests or is that reserved for RAFFT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafi...2735D95037.doc

Download that and read it. The Dark Blue is the level you want to aim for. Thats the highest level of the fitness test - aspirational.
    Goodness me, that's a lot of press ups up there in the deep blue isn't it.
    At the moment on a good day I just meet the green. However before I applied for the raf I could barely do 2 press ups before knackering myself out and 19 seeming stupidly impossible so I wont give up hope. And still, the PRTC standard lyes down there in the dark red.

Anyway, could some more people slap their standards up like what I did, I could do with some comparison if that's all right:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Pro, out of curiosity, are any people able to meet the dark blue section regarding the bleep test?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Very few. I know people who can hit the highest for press ups and sit ups but not running and others who can do the running but not the others. I think I only know of about 6 people, across the different age groups, who could hit the highest levels.

One of my old bosses reckoned Dark Blue was harder than the same tests in the Army - he was a member of the '300 club' (max scores in all areas in Army test) but couldn't hit it for the new RAF standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wly)

Anyway, could some more people slap their standards up like what I did, I could do with some comparison if that's all right:rolleyes:
    Try this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ry#post9761856

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    Very few. I know people who can hit the highest for press ups and sit ups but not running and others who can do the running but not the others. I think I only know of about 6 people, across the different age groups, who could hit the highest levels.

One of my old bosses reckoned Dark Blue was harder than the same tests in the Army - he was a member of the '300 club' (max scores in all areas in Army test) but couldn't hit it for the new RAF standards.
    Alright, cheers for the feedback, got two years to train at this rate so hopefully I'll be able to hit dark blue in all areas.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.