PRTC Fitness Warning Watch

catface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why dont they just make all the standards the same across the forces?
8.1 beep test, 50 sit ups in 2 mins, 21 press ups in 2 mins, sub 14 min 1.5 mile run on the road/grass (for females under 30) seems more acceptable IMO
Number6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Random question, but do you have one minute to do both the sit-ups and press-ups, or do you have one minute for press-ups and another minute for sit-ups?
catface
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Number6)
Random question, but do you have one minute to do both the sit-ups and press-ups, or do you have one minute for press-ups and another minute for sit-ups?
one minute for press ups, another minute for sit ups
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chef-for-raf)
Ahh don't worry I am 20 pressups and 25 sit ups first and last thing each day, 30 mins run 3 times a week and fartleg(sp?) 3 times a week, any other suggestions would be great, and I'm defantly reappling, under 5 months to go... actually, you might be able to help me, the 24th of September falls on a Saturday, can I register my interest on the Friday, or do I have to wait until Monday,

Kelvin

P.S I've also quit smoking

Well done Chef for continuing your fitness, sounds like you are already passing the standards, just need to be more focused nxt time :-) I wish the the best of luck. I am still awaiting my PRTC dates after passing PJFT on 18.03!! I hope I get in before they up the standards on 1st jul!! Just out of curiosity, what do you have to go through to re-apply, do you get to have to re0do everything like appitiude and interview etc! or can you skip straight to medical??
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh I asked about that, its register interest, medical, pjft prtc then final interview

Regards Kelvin
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks chef, I finally got my dates through for PRTC!! its 2/3rd of june :-) I am soo excited and soo nervous at the same time!!
wly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jarrah)
9 weeks is a very short time in comparison to a whole career!

j

or 18?????
Abbie_01
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by For RAF)
Thanks chef, I finally got my dates through for PRTC!! its 2/3rd of june :-) I am soo excited and soo nervous at the same time!!
That's when my P-RTC is too!
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey Abbie - Cool, will see you there then!! hows your fitness going?? What trade you going for?
Abbie_01
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ehh, it's not too bad i suppose, Others ive spoke to seem to do alot better though. :s Haha You? I'm going as a steward, yourself?
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im going for Personell support. Been doing lots and lots of training, hopefully it's enough to see me through!!
Abbie_01
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A lass i've been speaking to who's got her prtc on the same dates is doing that. I originally was, but i failed my maths by ONE mark. i was GUTTED.
Lofty90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can any RAF Medics point me in the right direction of what to expect over the 9 years minimum service in the RAF? In regards to what I can achieve, where i'll be posted & the different types of taskings you had been sent to. Other forums, blogs or diaries would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks for your help! Nath
craglyboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lofty90)
Can any RAF Medics point me in the right direction of what to expect over the 9 years minimum service in the RAF? In regards to what I can achieve, where i'll be posted & the different types of taskings you had been sent to. Other forums, blogs or diaries would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks for your help! Nath
Why have you posted that on this thread?

Thats very specific I don't know if anyone on these forums can help tbh, your best bet will be to ask your AFCO about a station visit and get the info straight from the horses mouth.
Lofty90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by craglyboy)
Why have you posted that on this thread?

Thats very specific I don't know if anyone on these forums can help tbh, your best bet will be to ask your AFCO about a station visit and get the info straight from the horses mouth.
The reason I posted on this thread was becasue i've looked every where else and cant seem to find an answer. This was still a live thread with people from all over commenting so thought it was worth a shot. Tried the AFCO but they aren't going to tell you the 'bad' stories about the RAF, but I will definitely ask about a base visit, thanks.
mikestraws
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The reason I posted on this thread was becasue i've looked every where else and cant seem to find an answer. This was still a live thread with people from all over commenting so thought it was worth a shot. Tried the AFCO but they aren't going to tell you the 'bad' stories about the RAF, but I will definitely ask about a base visit, thanks.
Also ask on the royal air force facebook page for medics to message you and chat about their exeperiences and work. You'll be suprised how many people are willing to help out a stranger!
Inch High DI
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know it maybe rocket science, but start a new thread ...... then you might get an answer, this is about Fitness......not what a medic may get up to.

Oh by the way everyone else, as of 1 Jul 2011.....the press up and sit ups will be going up.....check further back in this post for new scores
bens93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can anybody tell me how long it was until they got booked onto PRTC? I passed my PJFT 27th July and am yet to hear from the AFCO. I phoned up and they just keep saying a letter will be in the post shortly, getting quite impaitent!
wal2789s
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi bens,

A few of us are in the same situation. What trade are you going for?

I passed my PJFT on the 7th of July and still yet to recieve a letter.

Atleast its reassuring that a few of us have been told the same thing.
bens93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wal2789s)
Hi bens,

A few of us are in the same situation. What trade are you going for?

I passed my PJFT on the 7th of July and still yet to recieve a letter.

Atleast its reassuring that a few of us have been told the same thing.
Oh right, that makes me feel a bit better then, atleast I'm not on my own! I have applied to join as Aircraft Technician (Mechanical), yourself?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (627)
91%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed