Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Friends, Car, Computer, iCamel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    If I'm going to cheap stuff I like Bourbon, or lately Jameson's Irish Whisky.

If I want better stuff I go for Bowmore, 10, 12, or 15 years old.

Great stuff.
    The 16 year old special editions Bowmore had out the other year were incredible. :yep:

But Highland Park cannot be beat in my opinion. I once had the fortune to get a taste of a 25 year one at a whisky tasting event. It was heavenly. The standard 10 year is still pretty good though. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Family and just not taking life too seriously cos you never know when it's goin to end.

ReputationRep:
    Quality Bourbon like Makers Mark or Bullit Bourbon?
    Makers Mark without question. It's my favourite whisky. A friend of mine who is something of a sommelier introduced me to it many a year a ago and I loved it ever since.

ReputationRep:
    True Blood books (dey r durty lolz), drinking tea, whitening my teeth!!! Fecking tea staining my teeth, my dog (legend). And not losing my temper and making my counceller proud

ReputationRep:
    If I'm going to cheap stuff I like Bourbon, or lately Jameson's Irish Whisky.

If I want better stuff I go for Bowmore, 10, 12, or 15 years old.

Great stuff.
    Bowmore is nice, but I prefer Laphroaig. Still, Islay whiskys are :drool:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    family/bf/pets
    exercise
    friends/work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    The 16 year old special editions Bowmore had out the other year were incredible. :yep:

But Highland Park cannot be beat in my opinion. I once had the fortune to get a taste of a 25 year one at a whisky tasting event. It was heavenly. The standard 10 year is still pretty good though. :sogood:
    Until 5 months ago I hadn't really had a proper single malt, sticking instead to cheap and cheerfull whiskeys, but I tried a free shot of 10 year old and 15 year old Bowmore and I couldn't believe what I was missing.

I would have loved to try the 16 year old.

I haven't tried any other's though. I used to work in an off licience and the ones people bought the most were Glenfiddich, Bowmore, and Macallan. There was another too but I don't remember the name.

Soon I play to buy a bottle of Glenfiddich and start from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinematographic)
    Makers Mark without question. It's my favourite whisky. A friend of mine who is something of a sommelier introduced me to it many a year a ago and I loved it ever since.
    Interesting, I haven't had it before. I really have been meaning too for a while though.

What is your drinking preference?: You drink it straight? On ice or without?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Bowmore is nice, but I prefer Laphroaig. Still, Islay whiskys are :drool:

Yet another that I need to try

ReputationRep:
    Yet another that I need to try
    I find it slightly smoother than Bowmore, with a more woody taste. Tis my fave whisky.

ReputationRep:
    Family, friends, boyfriend and rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Tsr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Mother.
    There is no other.

My bed is very important to my life as i spend 80% of my time there.

ReputationRep:
    internet, money, athens cookies, bourbon creams, coffee and dr pepper zero

ReputationRep:
    my deen, ISLAM, if it wasnt for this then why would i be here, o allah please forgive us for any wrong doings and make us all successful in this life and in the hereafter, amen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I find it slightly smoother than Bowmore, with a more woody taste. Tis my fave whisky.
    Smoother than Bowmore? Then it's already starting to appeal to me. Bowmore I find is a easy down the throat with a bit of a kick at the end.

Even better with ice.

I'll certainly give it a go soon enough! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Caramel Macchiatio.

ReputationRep:
    Food!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.